What is a good quality NVR to use with Aviligon cameras?

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with a good quality NVR that isn't an Aviligon with Aviligon cameras? The reason I ask is I want to buy some Aviligon cameras for their quality and very even distribution of IR light but I also want to add an additional ONVIF profile S camera that has sound. The Aviligon NVR is expensive and you have to pay an additional 100 per port to be able to record audio.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with a good quality NVR that isn't an Aviligon with Aviligon cameras? The reason I ask is I want to buy some Aviligon cameras for their quality and very even distribution of IR light but I also want to add an additional ONVIF profile S camera that has sound. The Aviligon NVR is expensive and you have to pay an additional 100 per port to be able to record audio.
Consider a pc based NVR for maximum flexibility.
http://blueirissoftware.com/
If 8 cams or less, milestone will be free on october 10 https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/13752-Milestone-Essential-will-be-free-for-up-to-8-cams-no-recording-limit

Reaction score
Appreciate the reply and I'll def look into that. I like the idea of an apliance based unit for ease of use and plug and play but I'm sure the Software would be the most flexible route to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me ask this, is Blue iris better than Axxon?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Appreciate the reply and I'll def look into that. I like the idea of an apliance based unit for ease of use and plug and play but I'm sure the Software would be the most flexible route to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me ask this, is Blue iris better than Axxon?
The appliance NVR is not plug and play for cameras that not from the same manufacturer. Axxon has a per camera fee for anything over 4 cams..I have not tested the newest version.