What is and where can I get the liquid tight connector on the junction box.

Reaction score
I am looking for just the connector. I bought a Dahua mounting box, and it was missing.

Photo shows what I am looking for, this is not the box I bought.
Its in the plastic bag.662432776-813582141.jpg

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you wanting thread size G 1/2 (20mm) like what is spec'ed for the PFA-135 box shown?
If so, that's BSP (British Standard Pipe) size and is nominally equivalent in size & pitch to the U.S.'s NPT (National Pipe Thread) size of 1/2".

Reaction score
I think mine is 3/4.
Whats the part called?
No clue on the size that compresses on the CAT6 cable.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's called a "cable gland connector"; some places, like U.S. electrical supply houses, call them "cable/cord strain relief connectors."

First, determine your thread size, then determine the diameter range you need for your cable and then employ some Google Fu.

EDIT: Mouser has quite a selection, I found this by searching IPCT for "gland" , courtesy of @blazin912 .:rolleyes:

Last edited:

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Support your local businesses and get it from the electrical supply store :)
lol, I work for a large P&H & HVAC distributor. You aren't doing a local wholesaler any favors coming in off the street to buy $10 worth of material. I have found 1/2" and 3/4" fittings like you describe on Amazon as well as 'real' Sealtite in 3/4 and 1" flavors - there are vendors that sell a kit of 25 or 50' plus a handful of straight and angle connectors.