What is going on with BlueIris?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What computer are you using (i number and gen number)?

Sounds like you might not be using substreams and/or haven't done all of the optimizations in the wiki? Folks run 50 cameras on a 4th gen at less CPU than you are.

Perhaps the CodeProject plate stuff is overtaking the computer?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Set you DB to rebuild every night in the middle of the night. With regular maintenance it only takes seconds.
Or at a time you are home and awake - nothing is recorded during the maintenance and 2am could be peak time for a perp....

jeremycolvin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Sounds like you might not be using substreams and/or haven't done all of the optimizations in the wiki? Folks run 50 cameras on a 4th gen at less CPU than you are.

I haven't gone through all the optimizations yet... tonight sounds like a good night to do that though. I have plenty of processing power. I built it from scratch. I'm running:

ROG Crosshair x670E Extreme MB
AMD Ryzen 9 7950x 16 core proc.
128 GB of memory
NVidia GeForce RTX 4090 GPU
5 - 2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD drives in total
6 - 16TB data storage drives.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I compact mine manually when I am active at the console so I can see if any crap is going on around my property that I need to start screen recording if something goes south while it isn't recording.

jeremycolvin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Went through the Optimization wiki.... this looks better :) down to 4%
bi.png

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Staying off the bleeding edge of version updates is good. ( stability wise)
The first 8th gen box I ran had an issue like yours. Fenderman linked me to an intel site with a March ( i forget the year) driver update. Apparently it needed a Graphics driver update, then I spent like 1 year on version 5.5. something ) like Sept 19th 2021( roughly) Because I didnt want to screw things up, and The cam system was only a small part of my total job there at ( The Condo)
Looking at roll backs I see they are only showing a fw choices to roll back on. As I recall, they used to offer older downgrade versions.
I waited a really long time to change versions. ( stability was utmost)
Now i have an April 2023 version running.
I had 1 anomally with my current version, where Alerts clips were lost for 4 days,
following a power outage ....until I rebooted BI,,,,( a 3.5 hour power outage) But continous recording still was available to review
Not saying it was a version Issue, But it's the only Issue ive ever had on this Box.

1691829402852.png
1691829431676.png

1691828791115.png

Attachments

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
So… There was nothing going on with BI?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Or at a time you are home and awake - nothing is recorded during the maintenance and 2am could be peak time for a perp....
Mine literally compacts and repairs in 2-3 seconds. I'd be very unlucky if someone fell into the timeframe.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mine literally compacts and repairs in 2-3 seconds. I'd be very unlucky if someone fell into the timeframe.
When you run LPR where a car plate is in and out of the field of view in under a half a second, that 2-3 seconds missing at 2am is a big deal!

Now granted I also have an SD card in the camera to hopefully capture it, but I personally prefer to manually compact/repair while I am sitting at the console to see what is going on.

Plus I have an older computer and compact/repair is the only thing that seems to be limiting on it LOL. Everything else and it runs fine. Low CPU% with lots of cams. Everything responsive.

I have less than 15,000 clips with 20TB of storage and it takes a few minutes to compact/repair. Like literally I just did a compact/repair and 5 minutes later ran it again and it was 2 minutes.

So in my case I will watch over the cams during that time!

jeremycolvin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SOOO strange today... yesterday my CPU was at 4% and spiked a bit when video was being triggered/recorded...

Today... just sitting idol, absolutely nothing being recorded, nothing being triggered... and it's sitting at 75-85% cpu... nothing has changed between yesterday and today...

I am currently using the last very stable version 5.7.8.3

Yesterday I went through the optimization wiki and the result was the average of 4-5% normal runtime.

Any thoughts?

cpu.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Open up Task Manager and see what is eating up the CPU. Is it Python instances of AI or something else?

jeremycolvin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think it is something related to YOLOv5 - I stopped it and switched back to YOLOv5.6.2 and it's bac to almost normal. I'll checkout python in the task manager if/when it does it again. Thanks