What is standard settings for continuous recording?

harriska2

n3wb
Reaction score
What is the standard setting if you want continuous recording so that new, stored, alerts, etc. record up to the max file size but then roll off (delete) the oldest recording/info? What is the difference between delete, recycle and move?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What is the standard setting if you want continuous recording so that new, stored, alerts, etc. record up to the max file size but then roll off (delete) the oldest recording/info? What is the difference between delete, recycle and move?
help file...dont recycle..

harriska2

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep read the help file that is included within the software. It does not answer these questions that I can find - I've looked 2 or 3 times.

Is there a manual? I'm not seeing it.

Hence, the question.

Yes, I know about the recycle. I just don't know what it does. Does it take off the end oldest stuff and reuse? If so, that is sort of what I want.

What does move do? If you have new stuff under the new folder, what is that in comparison to the stored stuff under the stored folder? Why doesn't new automatically move stuff to stored? I had new set to move to store and it stopped recording when the drive filled even though I had stored and new limited in size. I then set new to delete and it is now just deleting stuff here and there pretty much every day even though they are not reaching size limit.

Sort of at a loss here.

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think your answer is in the help file try searching.

just from what you posted I'd assume delete deletes the files, recycle puts them in the recycle bin (bad idea), and move moves to another location (imagine someone backing up or archiving the recordings on another drive or saving them to a tape drive or BD-R XL or only moving some of the recordings.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The help file is the manual...You did not read it...