What is the consensus on IVS features?

clean

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys,

What is the consensus on IVS features? anyone use them?

Or is the standard triggers built into blue iris still the best/most strait forward/reliable trigger system?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have some pretty basic needs, and they both work good for me. That being said, I find maintaining Blue Iris motion detection a lot easier because it's in one place (Blue Iris) whereas IVS has to be setup/maintained on each individual camera... that requires that the browser plug-in works correctly, which has always been a crap-shoot for me.

Others here have some pretty complicated motion detection needs. IMO, Blue Iris wins hands down for those.

If you haven't already found the awesome Blue Iris video tutorials that @Dasstrum made, definitely search for them and check out the Motion Detection one.

Also, the version of Blue Iris that came out a few days ago announced a new option coming in the future where it will be able to send a picture of the alert off to a 3rd-party service (of your choice) for further analysis, so there may be some cool things possible with that (down the road).

Last edited:

clean

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks @aristobrat

so I guess that means that IVS features can only be used for in camera SD card recording, and impossible to use in blue iris?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks @aristobrat

so I guess that means that IVS features can only be used for in camera SD card recording, and impossible to use in blue iris?
It is possible to use them in BI, but BI zone crossing is superior in every way, the dahua line crossing is pointless.

clean

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks @fenderman

so safe to say just plug the cameras in, forget their internal menus, and configure everything from within blue iris ( i dont need fancy motion detection/tripwire - just reliable)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks @fenderman

so safe to say just plug the cameras in, forget their internal menus, and configure everything from within blue iris ( i dont need fancy motion detection/tripwire - just reliable)
There are still important settings in the cams that you need to adjust, image, framerates, iframe, bitrates etc
You also want to adjust the internal motion detection for sd card recording.