What is the difference between Loryta and EmpireTech brands of IP cameras?

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That makes sense. I am thinking of starting over from scratch now that I know some of the password limitations and I would have a full fresh starting point. Can I just use the config tool to delete the devices and then re-initialize them?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That makes sense. I am thinking of starting over from scratch now that I know some of the password limitations and I would have a full fresh starting point. Can I just use the config tool to delete the devices and then re-initialize them?
Probably best to just do a factory reset if starting over is what you want to do. You can do that from the camera GUI or the reset button on the camera.

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Probably best to just do a factory reset if starting over is what you want to do. You can do that from the camera GUI or the reset button on the camera.
Okay, I will look into that. I will probably do the same to the NVR and then I am at ground zero.

xmfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you to all who provided the clarification regarding the cams that are variations of Dahua. I had always wondered of the Loryta brand. Now i know it is a Dahua OEM variant.

Question: To get the genuine (international version where the firmware can be updated) cam from Andy, would it be advised to buy it through AliExpress?

If you buy from amazon, they tend to lump products together from various vendors so in this case I would worry about not be getting an international version OR is Andy's inventory with amazon is exclusive, so we are always getting the international version for sure?
many people complain of this (lumping products of various vendors) on slickdeals when buying SD cards from amazon, not being genuine.

Your thoughts/ feedback is greatly appreciated

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The cams you will get from either DM/email to Andy direct, AliExpress, or Amazon will be the international models as that is all he sells.

The concern about non-genuine parts from Amazon is related to the 3rd party that is selling fake stuff, Amazon is simply the vehicle for it.

Maybe Amazon lumps products together from different vendors, but that would be news to me. But it wouldn't surprise me either.

I have never got a camera from Amazon from Andy that was anything other than from Andy.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
They do comingle inventory for various products. Depends on the product and how it's stocked/labeled by the seller. Doubt that Andy does things that way for his products.