What is the suggested camera as of 2/20?

Henry_G

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!
I have checked in for a couple of years because IPCAMTALK set me up with a sweet system 2 years ago. I bought a few Dahua Starlight cameras - PoE, variable focus, great night vision. Running on Blue Iris 24/7. I got them from Andy Wong at King Security. I like them. I'm interested in getting more but with tech changing, what's the new "hot" camera? Interested in super great night vision, PoE. Is Andy still the go to?

Thanks! This info might be on the forums but I'm lazy. Feel free to say "you idiot, go to x".
Henry

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the current go to cameras are 4MP
IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED . Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Full Color, Starlight+) - 4MP starlight
...................................... Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED review
IPC-T5442TM-AS ........ Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ - 4MP starlight+

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you are interested in International Dahua cameras, a forum member sells dahua (and some Hikvision) and ships world wide. You can read some of the members recommendations on his service. He also provides cameras to other forum member for evaluation and reviews.
you can email him for a quote, or purchase from his Aliexpress store or his Amazon store. The cameras are fully upgradable, he posts upgrade software when available.

Andy
@EMPIRETECANDY
kingsecurity2014@163.com
Andy's ipcamtalk vendor forum: EmpireTech Andy
Andy's AliExpress store: Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Amazing prodcuts with exclusive discounts on AliExpress
Andy's Amazon store: EmpireTech-Andy @ Amazon.com:
forum: EmpireTech Andy
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is Andy still the go to?
Yes, although you may need to wait a little longer than usual to receive an order due to the virus in China slowing things down. Depends on the camera, especially if it isn't in stock. You can always ask him directly or check his amazon store and buy the ones that are in stock with prime shipping; those will be in the USA already.