What is the Surveillance Center?

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the HIK cameras events tab nder linkage method there is the "Surveillance Center". What is this? and where is it defined?

DemonicHawk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
"Surveillance Center" would be:
-Your NVR (if your camera is hooked up to one)
-Your mobile device (with iVMS-4500)
-Your computer (with iVMS-4200)

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the surveillance center related to the Alarm Host IP and port in the NVR Network settings>Advanced?
What is the purpose then of the Alarm Host IP?

thomasdc

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!

I would like to send those 'notifications' to an custom tool or something instead of the standard ivms app en pc program...

Is it possible to intercept the different 'sureveilance center' alarms in one way or the other?

I would like to build an tool on a Rpi that receives those notifications (so in my NVR under 'Alarm Host IP' (setting in the nvr) i would put the ip of the Rpi..
and then i would like to be able to view this information.. to create execute certain Json links for my domotica project (using Domoticz)

so when a camera sees motion --> it tells to my domotica system that there was motion (instead of telling the ivms app)
but in order to do that, i need a solution that intercepts those notifications and analyses them

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
have it send an email perhaps that just goes to a server within Domoticz, quick and painless solution I think. or ftp, maybe even better since its within your lan anyway.
yhanks for mention it btw, never heard of but got interested =)

thomasdc

n3wb
Reaction score
What do you mean by ftp? how would an ftp server get messages from the hikvision nvr?
(yeah i rather not use e-mail, so it all stays within my lan)

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You could obviously send email within the lan. But anyway when motion triggers you can set the camera to upload a picture to an ftp every, 5 second or whatever you want to to keep track of start and stop time of the motion and length of it. Not elegant perhaps but it will work .

Other option is to scan packages into ivms just to identify how trigger looks like.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

thomasdc

n3wb
Reaction score
When IVMS rusn on the pc, i get the 'notifications' in the 'alarm/event' pannel i tried to wireshark it.. but its to much information that comes in.. i cant see what ip-packet was send because of the motion alarm.. but in my opinion it must be possbile?

I'm not a programmer or something, just know the basics of it..
but it must be possible to make somekind of 'toor' / python script or whatever.. that receives/recognises these events and let it trigger something?

when IVMS is not running i still get packeges from the NVR..