What is wrong with my camera?

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the cold weather doing this? It goes away on it's on once the weather warms up.

Is the filter just stuck?

Attachments

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
forgot to say that it is a hikvision DS-2CD2332-I

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
forgot to say that it is a hikvision DS-2CD2332-I
its not the filter....that would produce a different effect...there are some posts discussing this type of issue..dont recall if it was repairable...could be a loose connection that alters slightly with the cold..

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
its not the filter....that would produce a different effect...there are some posts discussing this type of issue..dont recall if it was repairable...could be a loose connection that alters slightly with the cold..
For the last two days a simple reboot has fixed the issue. I'm not sure if it's the cold weather or the night to day.

I can't recall is there any point to upgrade the firmware on my Hik cameras? I see on the forum about the back door fix but other than that is there any point. I'm still on 5.1.0
If i remember right you can't upgrade the CH region cameras without it going to another language or brick it. I also have the WR region cameras not sure if they are upgradable?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For the last two days a simple reboot has fixed the issue. I'm not sure if it's the cold weather or the night to day.

I can't recall is there any point to upgrade the firmware on my Hik cameras? I see on the forum about the back door fix but other than that is there any point. I'm still on 5.1.0
If i remember right you can't upgrade the CH region cameras without it going to another language or brick it. I also have the WR region cameras not sure if they are upgradable?
I dont think a firmware upgrade would help...if you have WR cameras you can upgrade...but you should do it incrementally, dont just go to the latest version..

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
2186D84E-698B-40FD-B8BB-1D511EF324E7.jpeg I get the same thing on one of my cams. It only happens when it’s cold. 9-10 months out of the year it’s just fine

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I forgot to add, it is not firmware related. I have been through a few revisions and none have corrected it. I have about 8 of this same camera and only the one acts up. My supplier gave me a replacement and let me keep the defective one. Score!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you sure? Because I get varying shades of pink. I think it’s a sensor issue. The ir filter is on or off. I don’t think it vary
yes its the filter...different lighting conditions can cause various reactions...his is a completely different type of image defect...

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine did it again. It's strange it's only where the sun is hitting but now that the temps are warm it's gone.

Attachments