What is your favorite App? What is your favorite Widget?

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As the title says, what is your preferred App and/or Widget?

I have a Hik 2332 and a LaView 902 (Hik rebrand). I have the Laview NET HD Android app that will connect to both. However, I have to go to Devices, select a cam, then Start Live View to see one cam or the other.

I also have IP Cam Viewer on Android. It supports a (single camera) widget. I used to be able to get it to connect but I have had issues with it for a while.

I have to admit, I have BlueIris but I have never coughed up the $10 to buy it. I have an Iphone and and Android tablet. I use Splashtop for $2/month for remote access. There are dozens of results for Hikvision and I have never downloaded them all to find out which work well...

I would like to find an App that supports more than one camera in a widget.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are using blue iris, its silly not to have the blue iris app...it will has way more functionality than any other remote viewing app..you can view recorded video, change profiles..select one of three predefined bitrate for the webserver, control the traffic signal, receive push notifications etc...

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok FINE! /s

I am installing and setting it up now. I found this video which is walking through the setup process. It is out of date but it showed me what I needed to get it working.

Last edited by a moderator:

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well hey, there you go. It does have a Widget. And it worked after I modified Settings>Webserver Tab in BI and entered my License Code into the App.

That is a record for how much I have paid for an app. It looks like it does a LOT of stuff, but I really haven't had a chance to evaluate it just yet...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well hey, there you go. It does have a Widget. And it worked after I modified Settings>Webserver Tab in BI and entered my License Code into the App.

That is a record for how much I have paid for an app. It looks like it does a LOT of stuff, but I really haven't had a chance to evaluate it just yet...
Yeah, its worth the 10 bux...blue iris is so cheap, 10 bux for the app is nothing...

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, its worth the 10 bux...blue iris is so cheap, 10 bux for the app is nothing...
I am so cheap too! Thanks for talking me into it!

The app seems to run pretty well on my local network. Looks like it costs only 3-4%cpu to view from the app and maybe 8%cpu and 100MB ram to view clips.

I cranked up the Quality setting to 75% (from "50%=normal") and unchecked "Limit bitrate(best for streaming)".

I guess next step is to go ahead and try port forwarding and maybe ddns to see how it works vs Splashtop.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
For Android the best app is Tiny Cam Pro (there is a free version of it, but full version is totally worth it). I do have to use IVMS-4500 though for PTZ controls occasionally.