What night vision poe motorised ip camera 2016 would you recommend

remy9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For around the 100 mark.. :) I have a Hikvision 2cd3335-I and people become practically invisible as they walk by at night, too much motion blur also. So I'm looking to replace it with something better if I can. Thanks!

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
100 what? dollars? pounds? yen?

to reduce motion blur, try decreasing your max exposure time. if running at 1/30 now, try 1/60th of a sec.
this will make the image darker, and you can partially compensate with WDR, but the best solution is to add more IR
(or better yet white light)...

I wouldn't recommend the cheap large-sensor Longse/Cantonk S500's if motion-blur is your reason to change cams.
They can produce a nice sharp image, but their firmware doesn't allow dialing down motion blur due to having no
semi-auto/max exposure setting. It's either full-auto or fixed and neither works well all the time.

...and slow moving deer up close don't Qount to convince me otherwise. :p

remy9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Huisun v2
Cool, Thanks! I'll have a look at that.

@pozzello

Yeah a hundred of any currency of your choice (Fiat). I spent a long time playing with the settings and have it pretty much as good as I can make it right now. It's ok, but there's a severe loss of detail when there's movement at night. I don't want to add white lights to the situation or more IR lights if I can help it.

Ok, I'll stay clear of Longse/Cantonk S500's. :) What would you recommend then?

Thanks!

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...Ok, I'll stay clear of Longse/Cantonk S500's. :) What would you recommend then?...
Hold on a second. I don't believe it has been proven that the longse S500 cameras have a known issue with motion blur. I own 2 such cameras and neither of them exhibits motion blur in daylight, or at night (under the builin IR). I would not be so quick to discount the Longse S500.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Although I trust Q, I still think Huisun v2 will better suit your needs.

And no I don't work for Huisun before some idiot trolls me with that crap.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
S500 not an issue really, but I personally would go with Imporx (Huisun brand is dead) v2

remy9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
S500 not an issue really, but I personally would go with Imporx (Huisun brand is dead) v2
Ok great! But Imporx v2 is the same camera as the Huisun v2, just different brand name right?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I mean Monica is gone, at least she hasn't responded in months to any inquires I sent her and their store is not selling much of anything as their prices been too high, so it may not be dead, but I would not deal with them anymore.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok great! But Imporx v2 is the same camera as the Huisun v2, just different brand name right?
I'm pretty sure that Huisun make it (having spoken to both) but Imporx get a discount for buying in bulk etc. CS seems good from other thread.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah that was according to Monica that "Imporx is their client", but I don't know, it could be the same deal as Longse/Cantonk where they share the same factory.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah that was according to Monica that "Imporx is their client", but I don't know, it could be the same deal as Longse/Cantonk where they share the same factory.
Standard Chinese response. We sell to them. They'd tell you they sell to Hikvision if they thought they could sell you something.

Longse, ACESEE and Cantonk are the same thing though AFAIK.

I didn't deal with Monica. Just been offered a 3x 2MP version with different chipset and I didn't think that was available by Imporx or Huisun, so it's getting copied already.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I really would recommend starting with an Imporx v2 10x. You will find a use for it somewhere else if you feel like buying a Longse S500 later.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
She did provide bunch of (low resolution) pictures with that statement, so it must be true :)

In any case, I am more confident with Jack from Imporx, It has slight discount too right now:

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bnoWKiTO[/QUOTE] It's £150 in the UK, with the current state of the GBP to USD that's not too bad!

remy9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I really would recommend starting with an Imporx v2 10x. You will find a use for it somewhere else if you feel like buying a Longse S500 later.
Ok so, You think the Longse S500 is better but more expensive? Any model?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
IMX178 is definitely better. My Longse hasn't arrived yet so I can't comment on that but what I do know is if you want a motorised zoom camera and PT would be a nice extra than the Imporx v2 10x is hard to beat.

Is Longse S500 better than Imporx v2 10x, it's not that simple cos it depends!

remy9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IMX178 is definitely better. My Longse hasn't arrived yet so I can't comment on that but what I do know is if you want a motorised zoom camera and PT would be a nice extra than the Imporx v2 10x is hard to beat.

Is Longse S500 better than Imporx v2 10x, it's not that simple cos it depends!

Fair enough, the most important thing is the night vision (no motion blur). So if you had to choose between them, which would it be?