What night vision poe motorised ip camera 2016 would you recommend

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Fair enough, the most important thing is the night vision (no motion blur). So if you had to choose between them, which would it be?
My vote Import v2 10x. You don't need 5MP at night (too much noise anyway), actually I had mine on 2MP and didn't notice the difference for about a week.

remy9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My vote Import v2 10x. You don't need 5MP at night (too much noise anyway), actually I had mine on 2MP and didn't notice the difference for about a week.
Perfect!

Thanks a million for that, been looking at the specs of both and they seem pretty decent on paper. Only other thing I was thinking was compatibility with my Hikvision for future NVR integration. No biggie tho!

Cheers!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Imporx v2 10x works with Hikvision NVR after quick initial setup. Longse can work but uses ONVIF so you have to login to camera (I think, someone will confirm) to change some settings.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Save your money dont buy a Huisun/ Imporx v2 10x as I just said mine died after only a few weeks last night. Enough of the no history brands like those. I would post your settings on that Hik as to me I had similar issues at first but its all in the settings causing the invisible people lol

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Too much emphasis is put on getting the best static image of grass, trees, your car, etc. Much of the tweaking that end users do makes the money shots (the faces of moving people) WORSE. Many cameras (I include Hikvision in this) don't even allow for the automatic settings to be easily tweaked to freeze moving people in place during cloudy days, let alone during the night. It probably sells more cameras but causes more frustration after the sale.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Save your money dont buy a Huisun/ Imporx v2 10x as I just said mine died after only a few weeks last night. Enough of the no history brands like those. I would post your settings on that Hik as to me I had similar issues at first but its all in the settings causing the invisible people lol
Was yours connected directly to Hikvision NVR though?

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No when I had movement issues it was on a switch. I just received my ds7608ni I2 a few days ago and not had a moment to really go through settings or test anything. On a NVR does it do a better job of setting automatic though to get best imaging ? I just briefly looked and all seemed default 50% sort of thing. I will be looking at some recordings tonight to see how things look. At the same time I got the NVR this imporx v2 10x died when I noticed the NVR would not find it so I am focused on that issue at the moment.

remy9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, Unfortunately I can't get the Huisun/ Imporx because it's not discrete enough. Need something in the dome variety similar to the Hikvision. And the Longse is out because it's not motorised.

Jack B, I've done every combination possible. FYI, I'm talking about passers by at a distance of 10-15 meters. I can't win, if I decrease exposure time it's to dark
I have all the fancy NR and WDR turned off, as it made the image worse. (For night) I have bit rate quality settings to the max. I-frame intervals low, I have optimised the settings as best I can. If you've got some magic formulae with regards to settings I'll give it go. If you make my jaw hit the ground in amazement I will be very surprised. :)

There's no NVR in my setup either, btw.

It's all down to the light sensor, on the hikvision the min lux value is .07 compared to the .01 of the Huisun/ Imporx/ Longse

I need some new recommendations..

remy9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hikvision 4-series is what you need
I don't know dude, it's impressive low light. But check this vid of a 4 series Hikvision. @ 3.36 the chap in white waving his arm.. where's his arm?

This is what I'm talking about, he's standing still in white t-shirt, but when he waves his arm it becomes invisible? WTF? Bright coloured clothes do well with IR but as it gets into the darker tones things become a blurry mess..

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I mean Monica is gone, at least she hasn't responded in months to any inquires I sent her and their store is not selling much of anything as their prices been too high, so it may not be dead, but I would not deal with them anymore.
I think you're right. I used to see Monica on Skype almost every night but haven't seen her there for a long time. She's no longer sending me Whatsapp msgs either. You're right, her prices are too high and her support sucks.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Otherwise Huisun v2 is the only affordable option for good zoom PTZ and low light capabilities, but there is a risk as you probably seen with running it in high temps.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your kidding right do you expect to see his arm at that distance with anything for typical consumer. If so you will never be happy until you drop a g note.

remy9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Otherwise Huisun v2 is the only affordable option for good zoom PTZ and low light capabilities, but there is a risk as you probably seen with running it in high temps.
Agreed. It's a pity, but it's form factor was an issue also.

@ Jack B Nimble

I hear you, but it's like Hi-fi equipment and law of diminishing returns. Somewhere out there, there's a sweet cam that can give me the fidelity I need for my hard earned sweaty 100-200 bucks.. I'm willing to open the price bracket a bit, but not so much my brains fall out. sometimes you're paying for labels, I'm looking for results..

I can live without the motorised action..

remy9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What would be good here is a leader board style chart of cams with examples of night (@15m) and day from a 100 to a 1000 bucks.. I bet I'd find my cam easily enough then..

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
You first post said you were looking for a $100 cam, what do you expect for a $100? Of course there are cams for $600 that you can get which are PTZ and great night IQ, but most people here are interested in sub $200 cams.

remy9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You first post said you were looking for a $100 cam, what do you expect for a $100? Of course there are cams for $600 that you can get which are PTZ and great night IQ, but most people here are interested in sub $200 cams.
I said (around)..

I don't know really? I haven't a sample range of a hundred dollar cams big enough to know which is the best, bang for buck. The Hikvision does well but it has it's limitations at night. Clearly they're not all the same. I hope asking for opinions wasn't unreasonable.. Like I said, a leader board under set variables would separate the good from the bad.. no time for that now, just saying..

Choice is limited at this level for sure, just want to get something better than what I have now for that price range and not more of the same. Tech is always moving fast and it's hard to keep up.. like my cam. :)

Last edited by a moderator: