What NVR for SV3C 5mp ip cameras?

kkilloy

n3wb
Reaction score
I just installed four SV3C 5mp ip cameras. Very pleased with quality and price. Setup with Blue Iris and working well. Can someone suggest an 8 channel NVR that works well with the SV3C cameras. No poe ports needed on NVR. The poe injector is in the wiring room and the NVR will be connected (wired ethernet) behind my TV. Thanks for the help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just installed four SV3C 5mp ip cameras. Very pleased with quality and price. Setup with Blue Iris and working well. Can someone suggest an 8 channel NVR that works well with the SV3C cameras. No poe ports needed on NVR. The poe injector is in the wiring room and the NVR will be connected (wired ethernet) behind my TV. Thanks for the help.
junk low end cameras like this should be avoided...

kkilloy

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to record 24/7 on all channels. I use BI for Motion only. I will continue to us BI at the same time.

kkilloy

n3wb
Reaction score
junk low end cameras like this should be avoided...
I have used Hikvision, Dahau and many junk cameras. At this point, I can say that I am very impressed with the build quality, ease of use and price of the SV3C ip camera. Time will tell if it is junk, and I will let you know. Did you happen to read the question I asked?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I want to record 24/7 on all channels. I use BI for Motion only. I will continue to us BI at the same time.
If the PC is properly configured and has the adequate hardware, it can do 24/7 recording as well. An NVR will add to your power bill unnecessarily, albeit not much, but unless the PC is used for other things, switched off, underpowered, etc. BI is a better solution than any NVR.

In all honesty, I don't use an NVR so I am biased toward BI. That's just my opinion.

kkilloy

n3wb
Reaction score
Good advice. I5-3470, 8gb ram, ATI video. Only used with Blue Iris and nothing else. CPU under 40% with the four cameras. If I use an NVR, I thought I would be able to record at full resolution if I every want to review any video. BI system is working hard when fps and resolutions set higher with full time recording. What is your opinion.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have used Hikvision, Dahau and many junk cameras. At this point, I can say that I am very impressed with the build quality, ease of use and price of the SV3C ip camera. Time will tell if it is junk, and I will let you know. Did you happen to read the question I asked?
Not sure why you put hikvision and dahua in the same category as SV3C. They are light years ahead.
SV3C is a company that posts fake reviews on amazon, so inept suckers like you will purchase them after doing "research".
Fakespot | Sv3c Ip Poe Camera Security Outdoor 5 Megapixels Super Hd 2592x1944 Fake Review Analysis
note that before I had fakespot reanalyze the reviews, there were over 50, amazon delete those fake reviews.
The answer to your question it to return that crap.
You are also improperly setting up blue iris...it is clear you failed to read the wiki.
SV3C also deliberately misleads about its onvif compatibility. It is NOT onvif conformant Conformant Products - ONVIF
that is why they indicate onvif "compatible"....
Stop buying crap and then claiming its great, when you have no clue.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good advice. I5-3470, 8gb ram, ATI video. Only used with Blue Iris and nothing else. CPU under 40% with the four cameras. If I use an NVR, I thought I would be able to record at full resolution if I every want to review any video. BI system is working hard when fps and resolutions set higher with full time recording. What is your opinion.
Read the wiki Optimizing Blue Iris' CPU usage ; use Direct-to-Disk and Intel HD hardware acceleration (Quick Sync video) and adjust each camera's frame rate.

Last edited: