What the bleep is wrong with AliExpress?

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I keep attempting a camera from AliExpress through andy at EMPIRETECANDY. Every time order is ok then I get an email saying:

Thank you for shopping on AliExpress !

We are sorry to inform you that we have to cancel your order for security reasons. To make sure your transaction is secure, please provide us with documentation by clicking My Appeal for further verification.

When we receive your documents, we will verify them within 3 business days. If the documents are valid, you can reorder on Aliexpress.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
AliExpress.com
2016.11.26 06:13

This is an automated system email. Please do not reply to this email.

Then when you click the My Appeal button you get this:
We would like you to submit:
Please upload files with pdf, jpg, jpeg, bmp and png formats (3MB max per file).

Identity Certificate

Identity Card, Driver License, Social Security Card,Passport, etc.

Upload

Transaction source documents

At least one set of payment card and the bank statement

Upload picture of card
Upload picture of statement
Picture of card ending with 7000

What the hell is this all about? can anyone explain?
Andy if you see this can you send me an invoice for PayPAl I can pay you through that.

Thanks,

Drew

deeuubee

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried a different form of payment?
I ordered from them yesterday with my CC and it went through just fine.

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Maybe you should check with American Express. It sounds like they've tagged your card for fraud or identity theft. If that is the case, then AliExpress is responding appropriately.

Again, check with American Express to see what's wrong with your card.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
This happens with Aliexpress, there is another thread about another member that posted the same thing. I personally would never send them that info.

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I agree. I will have to wait until Amazon or EBay sells these cameras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deeuubee

n3wb
Reaction score
In the mean time, call Amex and find out why you were singled out.
Could be normal, could be not.

I would imagine you'll be waiting a long time for them to show up on Amazon.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Could be a Phishing email not from them.. I agree with Mike, would never send SSN, ID bank account, etc.

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I agree I just noticed on my American Express card a charge of $179.
Andy can you confirm this for me and let me know when camera will be shipped out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I only use American Express with AE because I've never had an issue. However, I travel a lot for work so my AMEX criss crosses the globe so it would be hard for them to build a pattern of local use vs. possible outside area of use fraud.

One of the more common notes in some of these threads is to simply setup another AE account with another email and process the order - for what ever reason that seems to work for a lot of folks.

deeuubee

n3wb
Reaction score
LOL - I jinxed myself by responding about no problems ordering from AliExpress.
I just got my NVR order declined. It wants me to use "Verified by VISA" to complete the transaction.
Problem is...I called my VISA bank, and they said some banks use it, but they don't, so don't sign up.

The fraud dept. cleared the transaction to go through, but it won't. Their recommendation is to contact the merchant.
They are the one denying the transaction, not VISA.

dorcse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is all an effort by AliPay (the payment processor for AliExpress) to insure international transactions are not later said by the the buyer to be fraud /unordered and then claim the item was never received. I have received many shipments by ePacket and DHL and no signature was ever required. AliPay and AliExpress are simply protecting themselves from fraud.

So you have two choices: Either provide the "appeal" info requested (credit card number, billing statement and photo ID) and then you can order from AliExpress or simply don't provide the info and don't buy from AliExpress.

I opted to provide the info requested, but was careful to eliminate small bits of info to maintain security and privacy (a number or two and a letter from my DL number, my DOB, the security code from the back of my CC, the billing zip code from the cc bank statement, etc.)

Hope this helps..

Last edited:

deeuubee

n3wb
Reaction score
There may be more to it, maybe not.
Alipay is leaving AliExpress as of Jan 2017.
Possibly they are requiring extra security so they don't have any lingering problems when they slide out the door.

Unfortunately for me, they want me to sign up on their site and use the "verified by VISA" service.
My VISA bank told me specifically not to sign up when I asked them today because they don't use that service.
Trying to find another option because they can't verify me through that service.

dorcse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Personally, I wish PayPal were an option across the AliExpress site (only some sellers accept it and it is not integrated into the AliExpress payment page.) PayPal would be my payment preference.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately for me, they want me to sign up on their site and use the "verified by VISA" service.
Usually with verified by visa you can verify your card and skip the step to sign up for an account.