What to do with extra cables on Annke when only need POE?

tomgru

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey all.

Trying a couple of the wide angle Annke cameras in my BI system... question for install.

I only need the POE/LAN connection... and there is no room in the housing for all the other alternate connections. The instructions say to tape them up with waterproof tape and (i guess) just let them hang there. My OCD doesn't really like that. :)

Any ideas other than mount to a small box that I can hide the cables in, then mount the box to the ceiling?

Thanks

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i wondered if that works truthfully. It should but I assume you'd have to make sure there weren't any shorts/connections?
Yeah....I work in electronics and I wouldn't just snip the wires off....LOL! I had a similar issue with installing my Sunba PTZ because there was no free overhead space, but ended up bundling the excess wire into a very tight but short length cable that barely fit inside the 1-1/4" conduit. Just think about it for a bit and try to come up with a creative solution that works....there is always a solution. :lmao:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all.

Trying a couple of the wide angle Annke cameras in my BI system... question for install.

I only need the POE/LAN connection... and there is no room in the housing for all the other alternate connections. The instructions say to tape them up with waterproof tape and (i guess) just let them hang there. My OCD doesn't really like that. :)

Any ideas other than mount to a small box that I can hide the cables in, then mount the box to the ceiling?

Thanks
Purchase a proper junction box, and put the all the cables in it.

tomgru

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This particular model FDC600 has a weird oblong base... any recos on a junction box that might match it?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all.

Thanks
For the ends ..
I use silicone stretch tape / coax seal and electrical tape over that and then into a junction box .. this was should I decide to want to use the other connector in the future I can ..

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This particular model FDC600 has a weird oblong base... any recos on a junction box that might match it?
Buy one of the universal junction box if you can't find matching one from the camera brand. Or you can always drill your own holes on the junction box for the camera if nothing else fit.