What video file format to use when recording?

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My recordings have been disappearing in a few hours through the day the record size limit was set to 4GB.

I checked the log it seems BI was deleting them even though my hard drive is no where close to full i guess it goes by the set limit of 4GB

I looked in the BI folder (New) where the clips are stored and found clips in size of 4.3GB but the clip is only 6 min long how can 6 min of video be 4.3GB?

I'm using BI DVR setting use flac audio compression is checked and video compression is set to direct to disc.

Camera stats show 787 kb/s at 10fps.

I can manually start recording and the video size is 235 M.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My recordings have been disappearing in a few hours through the day the record size limit was set to 4GB.

I checked the log it seems BI was deleting them even though my hard drive is no where close to full i guess it goes by the set limit of 4GB

I looked in the BI folder (New) where the clips are stored and found clips in size of 4.3GB but the clip is only 6 min long how can 6 min of video be 4.3GB?

I'm using BI DVR setting use flac audio compression is checked and video compression is set to direct to disc.

Camera stats show 787 kb/s at 10fps.

I can manually start recording and the video size is 235 M.
You dont have to guess. See clips and archiving tab. You need to read the help file and understand how to setup recording limits. Blue iris will not simply fill your drive.