what would be the difference between these 2 cameras??

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you know you need a 2.8mm lens I would get the 2332, the IR is better and the domes have been know to give of IR reflection, however hikvision has released a troubleshooting guide to help fix the IR reflection in the 2732F.

If you are not 100% sure you need the 2.8mm lens with the 2732F you can and play with varifocal lens and determine what fixed lens you need. I personally I have a varifocal camera so that I can adjust the lens to figure out what fixed lens I need at a location if I am unsure.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
the 2732ifs also has an sd card slot, and audio in/out connection as well as alarm in/out..

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I personally I have a varifocal camera so that I can adjust the lens to figure out what fixed lens I need at a location if I am unsure.
something I have been thinking about for a while, how do you work out the lens you need by this method?

ADCS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
something I have been thinking about for a while, how do you work out the lens you need by this method?
Install camera, adjust focus, look at camera image, adjust focus, look at camera image, etc until you have the field of view that works best.

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Install camera, adjust focus, look at camera image, adjust focus, look at camera image, etc until you have the field of view that works best.
yeah but if you wanted a fixed lens that gave you the fov of the adjusted varifocal, how do you work it out?

ADCS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You would buy a fixed lens at the field of view that you set the varifocal to. You can see on the lens what it is set to.

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the camera I have with varifocal lens doesn't have anything written on it.

ADCS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well then. I assumed they would. There must be a way to know what field of view the lens is set at.