What Would Cause Only Dahua Cameras to Flicker on NVR

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It appears my Dahua 4208-4k is a lemon. Yesterday when I opened the Preview page after viewing videos in Playback, 4 cams connected to NVR, 3 dahau cams were flickering ...only one not flickering was Hikvision 2042 4MP cam which is connected to NVR as ONVIF. Same thing happened this morning...I have to log out and log back in for the flickering to stop.

I have learned 100% satisfaction ratings on Ebay and Aliexpress are BULL SHIT! There is a member in this community who believes they are real, he is wrong! It's been over 3 weeks since I emailed and messaged Ebay seller about previous problem with NVR...seller which has 100% satisfaction rating has NOT replied.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's not flicker. It's different cameras conflicting on the same IP address. Although maybe not cos the time stamp changes too. Either way it's a different image.

How many cameras do you have plugged in? Unplug everything but 4 (max) Dahua cameras and plug a monitor in and see what's happening. Yes, unplug the Hikvision for now.

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is no IP conflict. I checked with Fling App, and Smart Wifi Tool. Each camera has it's own IP. In addition the IPs are the same since the day I setup the cams, they have not changed.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There could still be a conflict. You should try my suggestion to narrow down what's going wrong anyway.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does this happen when using the nvr interface?

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There could still be a conflict. You should try my suggestion to narrow down what's going wrong anyway.
Can you explain to me how there could be a conflict if there is no IP conflict?

I should clarify cams are not connected to NVR, they are connected to TP link POE switch.

As I wrote in my first post I have to log out and log back in for the flickering to stop.

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does this happen when using the nvr interface?
Flickering (whatever it's called) occurs viewing on a monitor connected to output HDMI port of NVR.

Edit: Also occurs viewing with FireFox WebGUI.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what decode buffer do you have selected? default/realtime/fluent?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you explain to me how there could be a conflict if there is no IP conflict?
Easy, two of the cameras are trying to fight over the same IP address, one might be set to static, other DHCP.

It's really hard to help people who don't want to listen to the help given.

I'm not being harsh here, but if you aren't willing to try stuff that people suggest when asking for help then you'll find it hard to get people to actually help you.

The simple fact is that the chances of you having 2 NVRs both being broken are very slim and it's most probably your setup. The thread you've posted to was a stuttering error which I still think was a setup issue completely different to what you have.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You don't need to redact local lan ip address or Mac addresses...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
might try realtime and see if it helps

the timestamps look like its using an image from an hour or so before, 9:20 to 10:31..

I would do a factory default reset on each device, hook them back up w/default configs and see if the problem persists.. what version are you running? I've never seen anything like this on mine.

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There are network analysis tools that will tell you if you have IP address conflicts, collisions and retries. Google and find a free one and run it to see if that's the reason for your issues.

I don't think that is what is happening in your case, though it would be a 'box to check off'

Wondering if it's a 'beating' of frame rate, NTSC vs PAL, AGC thing.

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since 4 seconds frame skipping problem during playback on NVR I also recorded cams to PC using SmartPSS.
This morning when I played the same time period of the flickering problem from yesterday there is no flickering while playing back video on SmartPSS, which IMO proves there is no IP conflict...view video

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would do a factory default reset on each device, hook them back up w/default configs and see if the problem persists.. what version are you running? I've never seen anything like this on mine.
Web: 3.2.3.131
System Version: 3.210.0002.0, Build Date: 2015-10-15

IMO NVR's webui sucks. I like using SmartPSS...never had any problems playing back videos with SmartPSS.