What Would Cause Only Dahua Cameras to Flicker on NVR

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Web: 3.2.3.131
System Version: 3.210.0002.0, Build Date: 2015-10-15

IMO NVR's webui sucks. I like using SmartPSS...never had any problems playing back videos with SmartPSS.
I'm seeing some similar problems with my NVR4108-P.

Did you ever get your problem resolved?

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm seeing some similar problems with my NVR4108-P.

Did you ever get your problem resolved?
Nope. Problem is with the NVR. There is no IP conflict with the cams as Del Boy wanted me to believe.

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you view the videos I posted in that thread and this one? They are 2 different symptoms.
Yes but I was thinking it might be related to the same thing. Mine has skipping, and stuttering.

My 'experiment' by hooking my BeSafe Onvif camera directly to the NVR didn't help. Nor did turning off snapshot in the NVR for this camera.

Tomorrow I'll hook my Dahua turret up to it and see if this NVR also misbehaves with that camera.

Such a shame - I ordered from CCTV-Mall and they bought from Dahua and shipped to me. It's not like they installed hacked FW (at least I don't think so). How could Dahua be shipping stuff with these problems?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
has anyone tried to reset to default yet? if you keep fucking around w/settings you can put the config in a bad state.

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll try but I took it out of the box, added 2 cameras and have this problem. Pretty sure I'm not that far off from 'default'

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@nayr, IMO the symptom I am experiencing described in this thread is the result of the NVR processor unable to handle "[FONT=&quot]synchronous realtime playback" mode[/FONT]. If I play the individual channels (not in [FONT=&quot]synchronous mode)[/FONT], no problem with the videos.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@nayr, IMO the symptom I am experiencing described in this thread is the result of the NVR processor unable to handle "[FONT=&amp]synchronous realtime playback" mode[/FONT]. If I play the individual channels (not in [FONT=&amp]synchronous mode)[/FONT], no problem with the videos.
I just played back video at the NVR itself and didn't find any stuttering or skipped frames! I then went back to my laptop and played back video from the NVR's webpage and again I had both stuttering and skipped frames. Weird thing was it was in the same spot each time if I went back and forth from the web screen.

Yesterday, before I hooked the camera directly to the NVR, I had skipped frames and even stuttering at the NVR itself.

Today at least it doesn't look like the BeSafe camera is to blame as at the NVR the video looks fine.

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
might be a problem with your browser plugin, you tried the chrome app? https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/13919-Chrome-App-for-Dahuas
Just tried that and when I went to my NVR it said "Download Chrome Plugin First". Did that next and still get the same response.

Also yesterday I was having the stutter/lost frames problem even accessing the NVR directly. Don't know why it's better today though I did turn off 'snapshot' and configured the camera for 1 stream instead of 3.

GH75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IME the web app sucks. With one client the web app practically locked the machine up and used almost all the resources. We finally got IT to give us admin rights and we installed PSS which ran like a champ.

Is this only happening with the new 4k units?

Maybe try turning the sub stream fps and bit rate down?

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IME the web app sucks. With one client the web app practically locked the machine up and used almost all the resources. We finally got IT to give us admin rights and we installed PSS which ran like a champ.

Is this only happening with the new 4k units?

Maybe try turning the sub stream fps and bit rate down?
Mine is not a 4K unit but the NVR4108-P

I've got one of the Costco Lorex units already installed (HD-CVI Dahua DVR) and I've been happy with that web interface. This one appears nearly the same and other than the stuttering and lost frames, and the playback screen the 'clip' function doesn't work, I like it.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
have you tried another computer with better specs to see if the problem still happens? your laptop could be struggling w/multiple h264 video decodes and just choking all on its own.. web browsers are pretty shitty realtime video players regardless of whats providing the video imho

whats the load like on your laptop when your playing back web video? is the laptop on WiFi?

the Safari browser plugin I use chews up resources way more than SmartPSS does.. If I leave it running in the background I can feel it when I go to pay another video.. for example right now SmartPSS w/6 Videos playing is using ~160% cpu, npmedia plugin is playing back one stream and using ~96% cpu time all on its own... IIRC SmartPSS playing back one 1080p mainstream is like ~30% cpu

Last edited by a moderator:

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No issues watching recorded video via a web browser of the Dahua turret I hooked up to the NVR instead of the BeSafe unit.
Doesn't make sense. Will have to do more testing.

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No issues watching recorded video via a web browser of the Dahua turret I hooked up to the NVR instead of the BeSafe unit.
Doesn't make sense. Will have to do more testing.
Received my 2nd Dahua 4431C from Aliexpress and hooked it up to my NVR4108-P. With 2 Dahua cameras, no issues with playback at the NVR itself.