What's the best Low Light Turret Hikvision Cam this very moment?

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yea, that looks like it would work. Have the light set on, with a low limit. Mine will be pointed at the road, so probably would not be appropriate to have a white light blasting out onto the public street.

See this is a shot from one of my cameras. I have turn IR mode on, but limit it to a maximum of 5%. The camera can still choose to use the light or not, but only to a max power set by the user.

View attachment 62013

Okay, I give up...what setting is "Butt Girl"?

Butt Girl.jpg

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Okay, I give up...what setting is "Butt Girl"?
Oh... Butt girl. Yes. I have not seen her around recently. She is a thief who, get this, steals cigarette butts. She goes up and down the block for the past couple years and steals anything not locked down.

She took a particular fancy to the butts on the deck of this apartment. Here are some videos, I simply could not believe someone would go around taking smoked butts but that is what she is doing. As a result, she earned the name butt girl.

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
She has an interest in DNA profiling.
And doesn't sleep at night.
The smoker took those things down to absolutely nothing, there was no tobacco left on them.... but she kept coming back for them. Someone mentioned she might be filtering drugs through them.

Here is another video of her, she is in the process of stealing some recycle cans for the deposit money and a pair of boots.

Now as any good thief knows, you gotta try on the items before you bother taking them too far. No need to carry them if they don't fit nice (she took them from the storage locker of the building next door).

bhepper

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm still trying to find the best settings to reduce noise on my ColorVu's. On the front camera it isn't as terrible but still definitely some there.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm hoping the firmware comes out which allows supplemental light to come on when boundary is crossed.
Not out in public yet, as far as I've seen.
But it looks like the dealers have had it for several weeks, version unknown.
Presumably something newer than the 5.6.5

bhepper

n3wb
Reaction score
Not out in public yet, as far as I've seen.
But it looks like the dealers have had it for several weeks, version unknown.
Presumably something newer than the 5.6.5
Yes have seen the youtube video and other video from Australian dealer. Anxiously waiting.

sharpharp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dome ones has no IR light, like IPC-HDBW5442R-ASE-NI, the feedback from client is bit good.
Damn, yet another roadblock.... Thanks for the heads up, I did wonder why I couldn't find any info on IR lighting...

So what now.... Any other models that will go as low in dark as this in turret format with IR?