What's the easiest way to save a video that's still recording?

MrN1ce9uy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What's the easiest way to save a video that's still recording? I set it up to record continuosly, but other than that I don't mess with BI that much. There's an event I caught on two cameras a few minutes ago and I want the video now.

How would you go about doing that the easiest, quickest, most efficient way possible? I'm sure it's really simple.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What's the easiest way to save a video that's still recording? I set it up to record continuosly, but other than that I don't mess with BI that much. There's an event I caught on two cameras a few minutes ago and I want the video now.

How would you go about doing that the easiest, quickest, most efficient way possible? I'm sure it's really simple.
If you are recording to bvr (which you should be) you can export as you normally do while its still recording. If you record to mp4 you need to close the file by either stopping recording or going to camera properties as if to change a setting but just hit ok so that it resets and closes the file.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There's an event I caught on two cameras a few minutes ago and I want the video now.
I'm probably the oddball here, but I almost always use the BI app on my phone or tablet for this...

If BI recorded the video I'm after as an Alert, I just tap on the Alert, then tap the "record" button... it'll record the clip on my device and throw it into the Photos app where I can use iMovie to quickly edit/combine it with other clips/etc then share it out.

If the video I'm after isn't marked as an Alert, I just find what I'm looking for in a Clip, rewind it a second or two before what I want, hit PLAY, then hit the "record" button.

If I'm on my computer, I do what @fenderman mentioned ... use BI"s built-in export feature, where you can mark the start/stop points of what you're going after.