When You're High, Part II

mech

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

I've titled this one When You're High, Part II as a worthy companion to the original When You're High bulb-theft video. Camera is a Hik ColorVu 4MP with the focus tuned to get highest clarity at the head of the stairway. The subject is a local tweaker named Debra Swan.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
When Edison invented the light bulb, this is the fascination I imagine he had when his laboratory flipped the switch for the 1st time.

Christ, is light bulb theft a real thing? These people are waste of oxygen. Why are there so many hanging out there? Put some Halogens in those fixtures and I guarantee they will only touch it once after that.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is that you or your neighbor that spoke to 'Debra'? Do you know what the exchange consisted of?

I can say that if were me, it would have been me doing all the talking and one of the words in that one-sided discussion would have sounded like "you can make it downstairs using the steps or I can see to it that you get down there a lot quicker.....either way, don't come back. Be sure to tell your friends, too."

I detest thieves. :angry:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
No offence but it looks like a nightmare living there. I think you're only answer here might be to get locked gates on the stairwells. Not sure how that would fit in with fire safety - maybe a drop down ladder might be needed at one of the ends or for automatic release system on the locks in case of fire eg fire alarm being pressed.

Maybe I was the only one but I was soooo wanting to see the 2nd one try to put the light bulb back into a live socket.....

mech

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is that you or your neighbor that spoke to 'Debra'? Do you know what the exchange consisted of?

I can say that if were me, it would have been me doing all the talking and one of the words in that one-sided discussion would have sounded like "you can make it downstairs using the steps or I can see to it that you get down there a lot quicker.....either way, don't come back. Be sure to tell your friends, too."

I detest thieves. :angry:
That's my upstairs neighbor, a former Navy man. I will ask him about it the next time we bump into each other. One co-worker had the theory that they can make a drug-smoking apparatus from a lightbulb, but those are plastic LED bulbs.

I detest thieves too. And drug dealers, who seem to be Teflon-coated around here. They wreck people's lives for profit and nothing's being done beyond slowly shutting down drug houses to force them to relocate to the next one.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
That's my upstairs neighbor, a former Navy man. I will ask him about it the next time we bump into each other. One co-worker had the theory that they can make a drug-smoking apparatus from a lightbulb, but those are plastic LED bulbs.

I detest thieves too. And drug dealers, who seem to be Teflon-coated around here. They wreck people's lives for profit and nothing's being done beyond slowly shutting down drug houses to force them to relocate to the next one.
Its used for meth.

Attachments

mech

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No offence but it looks like a nightmare living there. I think you're only answer here might be to get locked gates on the stairwells. Not sure how that would fit in with fire safety - maybe a drop down ladder might be needed at one of the ends or for automatic release system on the locks in case of fire eg fire alarm being pressed.
It's definitely not the posh suburban scene that I see a lot of IPCT members showing in their posts. Locally, this area is nicknamed Felony Flats. No exaggeration, I keep blank USB drives on hand to be prepared for the next stabbing or other high-profile crime I'll need to provide evidence of. The most recent one was a stabbing two houses down from me, three weeks ago. As far as I know, they have not caught him yet.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
People were missing front porch light bulbs in my area and it was posted that is what they are doing with them. I figured maybe they wanted it dark for burglary purposes.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
So the bulb must be glass as in the older incandescent lamps?
Time to fit LED ones. Not only do they save money but I'd imagine the plastic domes are going to be useless for heating crack etc. Only issue is you might still lose them for a while until everyone realises you're using plastic. Daylight ones would be ideal for your camera.

mech

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Time to fit LED ones. Not only do they save money but I'd imagine the plastic domes are going to be useless for heating crack etc. Only issue is you might still lose them for a while until everyone realises you're using plastic. Daylight ones would be ideal for your camera.
They were indeed LED bulbs in both thefts.

Podagrower

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mech

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Several of the fixtures already use non-standard two-pin GU24 bulbs, which have two pins and a quarter-turn install/removal, which some of you may have noticed in Part 1. If the pattern repeats itself, I may try curly CFLs next. They don't do so well in the cold, one of the attractions of LED.

1593444300584.png
For the moment, I have a six-pack of inexpensive 1400-lumen GU24 LED bulbs I grabbed off Ebay, which will get me through a couple of raids.