When You're High, Part II

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
How about trying this:

(presuming the light fitting is an ES fitting)

and

You might need to find out about the legality of using a g9 fitting outside. However, if legal, these small capsules offer very little for druggies to work with.

THe bulbs above are also cool white with a CRI of 85 which should make them ideal for use with a camera.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
They are going to destroy all of those different lights and such trying to get to the bulbs. They are't going to realize they can't use it until they have pulled it.

We aren't dealing with sane people here.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
G9 are only push fit bulbs. Once they've got one out they're going to realise they're not good as there's only just over an inch of glass / plastic beyond the base fitting.

Another alternative would be to replace the light fittings with eg ceiling mounted led floods, but I'm guessing that would require the landrds permission + as it's obviously budget rentals, I'm guessing the residents can't afford much which pretty much restricts you to changing buls to somehting that can't be used.

This is a G9 Halogen capsule (leds are slightly larger):

Last edited:
Reaction score
When Edison invented the light bulb, this is the fascination I imagine he had when his laboratory flipped the switch for the 1st time.

Christ, is light bulb theft a real thing? These people are waste of oxygen. Why are there so many hanging out there? Put some Halogens in those fixtures and I guarantee they will only touch it once after that.
I agree with you, 300 watt halogen, and once that damn hand is burned, it should be the last time they show up there for a bulb.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
In the top video, the latest one, doesn't she just toss them off the far end of the balcony? Is she throwing them down to an accomplice? It didn't seem like she was stealing them as much as just getting rid of them. As suggested above, maybe just to leave the area dark for better hiding later when breaking in? It seemed odd.

We have a "felony flats" area in our town, too.