Where are snapshots stored? (Dahua NVR)

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
phone stores nada
True dat.

So even though I use push notifications with vids not downloaded, I still rely on snapshots getting sent through email. Email is phenomenally unreliable, and only about 50% of snapshots reach my phone.
However, if someone comes up my driveway, gets outta their car, and walks to the front door, that causes about 6 "events" due to IVS tripwires, crossing a real laser trip line, and crossing intrusion zones on my front walk. So I get snaps dependably. (Even if I only half of the snaps I shoulda received).

The snaps are in the inbox. I can view them if my phone is in a "no coverage" area, which would cripple gDMSS. And I can view them even if gDMSS Plus can't reach my NVR.

Granted, if the NVR is turned off (why? power failure? Ninjas cut the power to the house?), then no snaps would have been transmitted....

Fastb

akoei

n3wb
Reaction score
I configured my gDMSS plus, the push type is image, but see screenshot:
the time stamp on image is 20:08:59, but the scroll bar is 20:27:14 - 20:27:59, which is the event time I click, but no matter what event I choose, the image always this only one, no change at all. Is there something I configured wrong?

Attachments

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm planning to have my entire roof replaced in late April/May. I don't want to have cameras installed with workers tearing the old roof off. I just got the NVR in January, and bought 2 cameras to test out if it would do what I needed. The cameras are sitting on my bedroom window sill looking out, so I can't turn on the IR due to reflection back. About when i go to bed I just turn it off. Presently learning how to operate the system & all the IVS stuff. Trying to order 2 5231Zs. Have not got the emails to send snapshots yet, but did get DDNS working.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
I configured my gDMSS plus, the push type is image, but see screenshot:
the time stamp on image is 20:08:59, but the scroll bar is 20:27:14 - 20:27:59, which is the event time I click, but no matter what event I choose, the image always this only one, no change at all. Is there something I configured wrong?
Push type is "image" (snapshot)
Scroll bar makes sense if push type is "video". It looks like you've set it up to take a 45 second video (20:27:14 - 20:27:59)
In any case, no matter where you click on timeline scroll bar, you get the image (snapshot) that was set up as "Push Type"

As to the other issue, I'm not sure why there is a ~18 minute difference between the timeline time stamp and the time marked in the image.

If you straighten out the first problem, maybe the second will disappear?

Lastly, you could gather another clue. In playback screen, check the file list. Find the "Event". What is that timestamp? 20:08? Or 20:27?

Fastb

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
I can't turn on the IR due to reflection back. About when i go to bed I just turn it off.

Interesting approach....
IR reflection is the problem. So it seems turning off the IR would be the solution.....
You can disable IR. Or you could config the cam to not go into night mode (it would stay in color)

Fastb

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Interesting approach....
IR reflection is the problem. So it seems turning off the IR would be the solution.....
You can disable IR. Or you could config the cam to not go into night mode (it would stay in color)

Fastb
It's just temporary...mostly for learning. On gDMSS found on my phone while the alarm video is playing I can un-pinch the touch screen and the video zooms in. Found under Device manager, when you touch NVR, see the pictograms underneath, one is a computer screen with gear in it.. with it you can control a lot of NVR settings.

akoei

n3wb
Reaction score
I tested it on another device with mobile network, the "push" is on time, and:
I can see the image even though there is time period with scroll bar, you will see blue point indicate the time the image was taken! Love it

No matter what type (image, video, preview) you choose, I think it is just matter what is the first screen/tab you are taken to, when you click the event.

But, like the above mentioned, the apps doesn't store any data, which means no matter how many time you view the same image/video for the same event, it is always pull data from your NVR, I hope this can be improved for next version.

Comparing the apps and email, I have to say, there is nothing improved on snapshot:
if the NVR only takes 1 shot, you can only see this shot no matter from email or from apps
but video clip gives us more way to check back event, which is email can't

Push type is "image" (snapshot)
Scroll bar makes sense if push type is "video". It looks like you've set it up to take a 45 second video (20:27:14 - 20:27:59)
In any case, no matter where you click on timeline scroll bar, you get the image (snapshot) that was set up as "Push Type"

As to the other issue, I'm not sure why there is a ~18 minute difference between the timeline time stamp and the time marked in the image.

If you straighten out the first problem, maybe the second will disappear?

Lastly, you could gather another clue. In playback screen, check the file list. Find the "Event". What is that timestamp? 20:08? Or 20:27?

Fastb

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't forget you can use the Playback tab, useful if you want to footage from a cam that didn't have an "event" but may have useful info, like a car parked at the curb

akoei

n3wb
Reaction score
looks the "push alarm" only support one device, isn't it?

Don't forget you can use the Playback tab, useful if you want to footage from a cam that didn't have an "event" but may have useful info, like a car parked at the curb

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
akoei,
looks the "push alarm" only support one device, isn't it?
If "device" means one gDMSS Plus device (like an android phone), then I don't know. I only have gDMSS Plus installed on my phone.
Fastb