Where are the sounds??? (IPhone app)

JackBauer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just bought BI and the mobile app.

I have it working as I want, other than the push alerts - even when I configure a specific sound in the BI windows software... I do not get anything other than the visual alert on my phone.

So unless I'm actually looking at my phone, I'd have no indication there has been an alert.

I can't seem to find anywhere in iOS settings or the BI iOS app to configure any sounds whatsoever. Google searches haven't turned up much help.

Can anyone provide some advice to me?

Thank you!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just bought BI and the mobile app.

I have it working as I want, other than the push alerts - even when I configure a specific sound in the BI windows software... I do not get anything other than the visual alert on my phone.

So unless I'm actually looking at my phone, I'd have no indication there has been an alert.

I can't seem to find anywhere in iOS settings or the BI iOS app to configure any sounds whatsoever. Google searches haven't turned up much help.

Can anyone provide some advice to me?

Thank you!
Dont use ios, but it should be just like the android app, there should be a setting for alert sounds on/off and also an option to choose your alert sounds.

JackBauer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In the BI iOS app... There is a Background Audio option and an "in app alert" option. Both are turned on.

I can't find any other relevant settings in the iOS app.

I can find nothing within the iOS Settings app (for either notifications or sounds).. Other than to enable notification sounds (which is enabled), but no method for configuring which sound. And I don't get ANY sounds at all even while enabled.

I'm perplexed.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In the application, under the push notification alerts settings, what change the sound and use the test button...see what happens.

JackBauer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In the iOS app, in the main settings page, there is no push notification alert settings.

If I select the camera itself, I get a "Front Door settings" page... The five "radio button" type options are:

- Schedule
- Motion Sensor
- PTZ preset cycle
- PTZ event schedule
- Push notifications

then a drop down for Record (when triggered, only manually, every x.x minutes, continuously, triggered + preriodically)
and a drop down for Alerts (never, this camera is triggered, any camera in group is triggered, any camera is triggered)

Then a pause button, a reset button, and a disable button.

Turning on and off push notifications doesn't do anything (meaning, like bringing up a separate page to configure the sounds)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In the iOS app, in the main settings page, there is no push notification alert settings.

If I select the camera itself, I get a "Front Door settings" page... The five "radio button" type options are:

- Schedule
- Motion Sensor
- PTZ preset cycle
- PTZ event schedule
- Push notifications

then a drop down for Record (when triggered, only manually, every x.x minutes, continuously, triggered + preriodically)
and a drop down for Alerts (never, this camera is triggered, any camera in group is triggered, any camera is triggered)

Then a pause button, a reset button, and a disable button.

Turning on and off push notifications doesn't do anything (meaning, like bringing up a separate page to configure the sounds)
im referring to the pc application...the server

JackBauer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update:

It's working now on my iPad.

My iPhone is not producing the sound though. Peculiar.

(And the iPad sound is changing properly with the sound configuration within the BI windows application)

Hmm, wonder what's going on here :)

JackBauer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I found the problem :)

My phone is paired to a bluetooth audio receiver which happens to be close enough so it was sending ALL audio to that :)

Thank you for taking the time to try to help me! :)