where are you guys finding i7-6700 Dells under 500?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I zip tied a drive into mine. Now want to add another. Haven't checked the optical removal option yet. Also considered going usb external cage for a wd purple drive. That shouldn't be an issue should it?

spinrut

n3wb
Reaction score
if someone is still in the market, there's an ebay seller that posts opti 7040 mini tower with i7/16GB RAM/256 SSD/Win10 pro for between 499 and 530 (he does charge shipping though)

If you catch it on the lower end of the range along with an ebay bucks promotion, you'll be under $500.

I saw some last time the 10% ebay bucks was active, but missed the auction on the lower priced one

Raul Duke

n3wb
Reaction score
If anyone is interested I needed to get a machine for BI now. I was able to purchase an Optiplex 7050 i7-7700 500GB HD 8GB RAM Mini Tower it was refurbished price was 609.00 and I did a chat but they started with only 2% discount and finally wouldn't go more than 5% off which was 578.00 and they asked for an account number or phone number I gave them my phone number and thanked them and told them that i needed at least 10% off to contact me if they got any deals. They called back in 4 minutes saying that they could sell it to me for 548.00 delivered. I needed it right away and couldn't find any current codes for optiplex's "for work from the outlet" so I thought it was decent and I hope this helps someone else in a hurry and can't wait for a better promotion.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested I needed to get a machine for BI now. I was able to purchase an Optiplex 7050 i7-7700 500GB HD 8GB RAM Mini Tower it was refurbished price was 609.00 and I did a chat but they started with only 2% discount and finally wouldn't go more than 5% off which was 578.00 and they asked for an account number or phone number I gave them my phone number and thanked them and told them that i needed at least 10% off to contact me if they got any deals. They called back in 4 minutes saying that they could sell it to me for 548.00 delivered. I needed it right away and couldn't find any current codes for optiplex's "for work from the outlet" so I thought it was decent and I hope this helps someone else in a hurry and can't wait for a better promotion.
That's an excellent deal for a 7700...

ThorMan

n3wb
Reaction score
Where did you find this deal? I want to purchase one. Building it from scratch is too expensive

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Dell outlet seems to have stopped doing good sales so the good deals are few are far between this year.

Raul Duke

n3wb
Reaction score
Where did you find this deal? I want to purchase one. Building it from scratch is too expensive
I Went to Dell Outlet for Work first and then did a live chat saying my 10% off coupon wouldn't work I was polite and didn't get upset when all they could do was 5% off, I did do a quick survey after the chat and before they called back

here's a link to an i7 6700/7700 mini tower search at dell outlet for work

Dell Factory Outlet

Hope this helps

Raul

ThorMan

n3wb
Reaction score
If I purchase one with an AMD graphics card, can I simply remove it and use intel integrated graphics so BI can take advantage of it?