Where Can I Get the Latest Version

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have 3.33. When I try to update the app it only allows me to upgrade to version 4 but not updating my version. Where can I get the latest version 3.xx?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 3.33. When I try to update the app it only allows me to upgrade to version 4 but not updating my version. Where can I get the latest version 3.xx?
Pay 30 dollars and get 4....It's well worth it...
3.66 is available in a sticky on the bi section of the forum...

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks. I found the link Dropbox - 366.exe

I did look at version 4 before but it doesn't really seem to offer anything I need. Pretty much all changes are related to the GUI and supporting x64. However, I am not really going to use BlueIris directly but will use it through HomeSeer (HSTouch). Is there anything in version 4 that would benefit this scenario?

Btw, when is version 5 coming out? Just approx. 3 months after I purchase BlueIris, version 4 came out and I didn't really feel to pay another 50% more for software I just bought (not to mention that I haven't really used it because we can only move into our new home in about a month). I don't want to purchase version 4 and a couple months later version 5 comes out.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I found the link Dropbox - 366.exe

I did look at version 4 before but it doesn't really seem to offer anything I need. Pretty much all changes are related to the GUI and supporting x64. However, I am not really going to use BlueIris directly but will use it through HomeSeer (HSTouch). Is there anything in version 4 that would benefit this scenario?

Btw, when is version 5 coming out? Just approx. 3 months after I purchase BlueIris, version 4 came out and I didn't really feel to pay another 50% more for software I just bought (not to mention that I haven't really used it because we can only move into our new home in about a month). I don't want to purchase version 4 and a couple months later version 5 comes out.
Who knows, you are really making a big deal about 30 dollars? Then stick with 3.66 and shoot yourself in the foot..there are tons of feature updates and SECURITY improvements. EVERY other software package works the same way..how far back do you want him to got to give you a free upgrade..he was gracious enough to offer the upgrade for those who purchased it a month before...
There are enough improvements to version 4 to warrant the 30 dollars even if there are no further updates.

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, the main question in my post was about the features. As mentioned, I didn't really see what improvements there are if you do not use BlueIris directly but through a third party. Maybe I just read the wrong article/description of v4. I am rather willing to upgrade if there are any significant benefits.

As for the upgrades, there are many ways to do it. Some give no free upgrades even if a new version was released the next day. Others offer 1 month, 3 months or even live-time upgrades. Anyways, I just wanted to give some background info why I was asking about the expected release of v5. If you have any idea/guess then please let me know.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the main question in my post was about the features. As mentioned, I didn't really see what improvements there are if you do not use BlueIris directly but through a third party. Maybe I just read the wrong article/description of v4. I am rather willing to upgrade if there are any significant benefits.

As for the upgrades, there are many ways to do it. Some give no free upgrades even if a new version was released the next day. Others offer 1 month, 3 months or even live-time upgrades. Anyways, I just wanted to give some background info why I was asking about the expected release of v5. If you have any idea/guess then please let me know.
You should probably start using blue iris directly, things like a proper timeline and muti-camera playback are important. TONS of advanced motion detection options have been added. There is a list of many new features on the website...
I am not going to try to convince you to upgrade....its 30 bux..but that seems to steep...
As you admitted, some offer no free upgrades, most dont offer 50 PERCENT off...keep in mind that in this industry 50 dollars PER camera is the norm, and that is just to start...30 dollars is a drop in the bucket...