Where do all the banned Dahua cameras end up?

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The US ban does not actually require replacing the cameras already installed.
I didn't read all the details of the ban yet. So is it that they only can no longer purchase them?

I would think even if that were the case that some government locations would get antsy and start selling some anyway, in case there were an all out ban or something like that. But I guess not. So the government locations can have Dahua and Hikvision cameras for years to come, is that correct? (Some of these cameras could easily last 5+ years).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't read all the details of the ban yet. So is it that they only can no longer purchase them?

I would think even if that were the case that some government locations would get antsy and start selling some anyway, in case there were an all out ban or something like that. But I guess not. So the government locations can have Dahua and Hikvision cameras for years to come, is that correct? (Some of these cameras could easily last 5+ years).
Yes or renew contracts with companies using the cams and possibly renewing service contracts. IPVM reports otherwise but a reading of the language is clear.
Even if they did remove them I doubt they would be available for purchase...more then likely destroyed..