Where do recordings go when you Download them from the web interface?

Kr4m4

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I own 3 DS-2CD2032-I's and one of them caught a vehicle prowler and I need to send the footage to police. I'm on the Hikvision web interface, I chose the clip to download, and it says "Downloaded" but it's nowhere to be found on my computer.

I've attached a picture of what I'm seeing. Am I misinterpreting what "Download" means (i.e. does it not mean remotely download)?

Thanks for any help

Attachments

Kr4m4

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the incredibly quick reply!

Strange thing is that I found the files after doing a search and they were located under several hidden folders within the INetCache folder. But, it didn't match what was in the "Local Configuration" settings. I wonder if it's because the path didn't exist?

I'll try some experiments out to try to figure out what's going on.

Thanks again!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you for the incredibly quick reply!

Strange thing is that I found the files after doing a search and they were located under several hidden folders within the INetCache folder. But, it didn't match what was in the "Local Configuration" settings. I wonder if it's because the path didn't exist?

I'll try some experiments out to try to figure out what's going on.

Thanks again!
Make sure that your NVR IP address is in your "Trusted Sites" in Internet Explorer Settings. Then give it another twirl.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That's MS Windows and the 'Virtualised storage' feature that confuses us all.
Once you've found what the selected path is mapped to, usually by a search for *.mp4 files when you've enabled 'hidden and system files etc' in search, it's handy to add the location to the Pictures library location to save future frustration.