Where to buy a DS-2CD2632F-I(S)?

haemse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This thread is all about where to buy a Hikvision DS-2CD2632F-I(S), Chinese Resellers on Aliexpress, different versions Chinese/English one and experiences with product quality and return policy ...

At the moment I think about buying this one from E&M Security Center on Alibaba:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/wholesale-Hikvision-DS-2CD2632F-I-3MP-Vari-focal-IR-Bullet-Camera-IP-camera/1459715718.html

I contacted them for the version and got immediate response ... after receiving all information I will post the answers here.

Any other experiences on buying the DS-2CD2632F-I(S)?

dalepa

Reaction score
I bought the 2632 from E&M Security Center. Took 6 days.. So far, no issues...

• 2014.04.09 12:51 (GMT-7): Delivery attempted; recipient not home

• 2014.04.08 01:05 (GMT-7): Shipment picked up
  • 2014.04.03 16:08 (GMT-7): Shipment information received

Using the 2632 as a CloudCam

haemse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is awesome, you really did buy it at E&M Security Center :D

This is what I wrote with them so far (chronological from the bottom up) ... I will post the answers I get for the last questions:

Me:
17:06 Apr 21,2014
Thanks for the information.
At the moment we are discussing on a IPC forum on where to buy on Aliexpress.
Could you give us the following information:
What are the hardware differences between the CN and the English version?
Can your CN version be switched to english language?
Maybe you could check that for us with Hikvision so I could provide this Information and recommend E&M Security Center?
Thank you,
Best,
Jacob
___________________________________________________________________________________
Mueller Sun:
00:33 Apr 21,2014
Hi Jacob,
Thanks a lot for your message, At this moment , we do no have stcok for this item,we need to custom from hikvision , it always takes 5-10days , 25days is the maximum estamated time ,
Thanks and regards!
Max
___________________________________________________________________________________
Me:
19:59 Apr 19,2014
Previously I will order 2 Cameras. If they are ok, i will probably oder a view more later ...
What worries me is that it says: "Processing Time: 25 days" on the order in my shopping cart ...
Does the processing only take so much time?
Cheers Jacob
Mueller Sun:
00:03 Apr 18,2014
Hi Friend,
we only sell original hikvision cameras , and we promise 12months warranty,
Could you pls let me know your order qty ?
Thanks and regards!
Max
Me:
10:30 Apr 17,2014
Could you confirm that with hikvision?
I am afraid the CN version could be lower quality?
Mueller Sun:
08:36 Apr 17,2014
Hi Jacob ,
Yes, I saw it , But What i can confirmed is 98° ~ 30.5°,
Our IPC is CN version , so I think that's why there is difference,
Thanks and regards!
Max
Me:
06:25 Apr 16,2014
Hello Max,
thank you for your quick reply, that leaves a good impression.
I saw it here on the Hikvision Website:
http://www.hikvision.com/en/products_show.asp?id=8722
Under the Specification Tab
Cheers, Jacob
Mueller Sun:
04:25 Apr 16,2014
Hi Jacob,
Can you tell me where you see it ?
you may know our IPCs are CN version, so what i can confirmed with our IPC is 98° ~ 30.5°,
Thanks and regards!
Max
Me:
03:58 Apr 16,2014
Hello this is Jacob from Austria,
on your Product Details of the Hikvision DS-2CD2632F-I(S)
it says:
Lens: 2.8 ~ 12 mm F1.4, angle of view: 98° ~ 30.5°
on the manufacturers page it says:
Lens: 2.8 - 12 mm @ F1.4,Angle of view: 105.2°-31.9°
Why the difference?
Ist that THE SAME CAMERA?
Best, Jacob

haemse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Could you switch yours to English? Or was it already?

dalepa

Reaction score
Could you switch yours to English? Or was it already?
Mine came set to English... I think... Can't remember now, but there is a language dropdown on the login screen...

ModelDS-2CD2632F-IS
Serial No.DS-2CD2632F-IS20140220CCCH452187871
Firmware VersionV5.1.0 build 131202
Encoding VersionV5.0 build 131128
Number of Channels1
Number of HDDs0
Number of Alarm Input1
Number of Alarm Output1

haemse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is what i received from East-Mall, Aliexpress:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Hikvision-ip-camera-DS-2CD2632F-I-S-3-MP-Bullet-camera-IP-Camera-1080P/1764975002.html

Answer was very quick:

Thanks for your attention to our store.
Here is the answer:
Our cameras are English version,
the warranty of most cameras is 3 years,only a few(3 series ,new arrivals)is 1 year
we only sell English version, without CN version
the language can according to different countries,you can see our pictures

She also sent me some screenshots:
original.pngoriginal1.pngoriginal2.pngoriginal3.png

Last edited by a moderator:

haemse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is what i received from China Security Monitoring Wholesaler, Aliexpress:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hikvision-Bullet-Camera-DS-2CD2632F-I-S-Network-IP-camera-3MP-Vari-focal-IR-Cameraa-w/1322984005.html

Answer was also very quick:

Dear Fa Cai,

at the moment we are discussing on a IPC forum on where to buy on Aliexpress.

Could you give us the following information:
Are you selling a CN version or English version?
Do you provide warranty?
What are the hardware differences between the CN and the English version?
Can the CN version be switched to english language?

Maybe you could check that for us with Hikvision so we have reliable information and I could provide this Information and recommend China Security Monitoring Wholesaler?

Thank you,

Best,

Jacob

Hello Jacob, many thanks for your good questions.
1), Now,our Hikvision IP cameras are with Chinese version, not English version, that is, its package and its leaflet is with Chinese language, but its firmware is with two languages at least (Chinese and English),you can choose English language, and, about the hardware,there is no differences between the CN and the English version.hope it's ok for you.
2),its warranty is one year.

We look forward to becoming your faithful supplier of Hikvision products from China. thanks so much.

If you have any question, please feel free to email me at ********************, I will do my best to help you, thank you.
Best wishes
melinda

haemse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So far East Mall is the cheapest and says they sell english version only ... + 3year warranty.

haemse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Shit, they differ with their hardware!

Dear customer,
Indeed, we know the China version of our product is different on term of hardware and firmware.
That’s the only information which we have.
I am afraid that is the only answer which I can provide you about the china’s version
If the product has a china version you need to contact directly the distributor to have information about the FOV or other specifications
Regards

Lounis Ait arab

Technical Support Department

Europe B.V.
Add: Parellaan 24, Hoofddorp, 2132WS, The Netherlands.
Tel: +31(0)23 554 27 70 ext. 113
Fax: +31(0)23 5631112
e-mail: lounis.aitarab@hikvision.com

haemse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@dalepa: from what I've learned so far, the Chinese version has another Field of View.
CN Version:
镜头 2.8-12mm@ F1.4,水平视场角: 98°-30.2°(4mm、6mm、8mm、12mm定焦可选)

English version:

Could you please check on the packaging what FOV your cam has?
Are the packaging printings in English or Mandarin?

Thanks for that!

dalepa

Reaction score
The packaging is not retail, its just a distributor cardboard with no images... The instruction booklet is 100% Chinese with no specs.

There are at least 2 version of the 2632, DS-2CD2632F-I and the DS-2CD2632F-I(S). The S has 2 sounds/alarm cables, and I noticed that the S version only goes to 25FPS and the non-S goes to 30 FPS.

The difference in FOV degrees is due to math used... 2.8-12mm on a 1/3" lens should yield the same FOV/Angle no matter which camera... just a math issue...

@dalepa: from what I've learned so far, the Chinese version has another Field of View.
CN Version:
镜头 2.8-12mm@ F1.4,水平视场角: 98°-30.2°(4mm、6mm、8mm、12mm定焦可选)

English version:

Could you please check on the packaging what FOV your cam has?
Are the packaging printings in English or Mandarin?

Thanks for that!

Naphcon

n3wb
Reaction score
I've made about 5-6 purchases with E&M Security and they are legit. A few times he didn't have stock but it never took them over a week to get it. I always used DHL so I got it pretty quick (about 5-6 days to NC from china). I've never bought the 2632 but I've gotten the 2032, 2332, 3232 in various lenses. The web interface will be in english but it is indeed the chinese version. I have another hik 2032 camera from Nelly's Security which is the US version and they are exactly the same quality

RDC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
From reading different forums below are the main 3 Aliexpress dealers most people are using:

1) Huabden Technology
Store /514412
Version - Confirmed English Versions

2) E&M Security Center
store /1010031

3) CCTV Camera
store /638300
Version - Chinese versions.

Recommend emailing the seller before ordering a specific model to confirm English or Chinese version since stock can change. Although Huabden Technology actually state "English version" in some of their descriptions.

I have not yet read about anyone actually going through a return process with any of the above which is the true test of any company imo.

Hope this list helps others.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
From reading different forums below are the main 3 Aliexpress dealers most people are using:

1) Huabden Technology
Store /514412

2) E&M Security Center
store /1010031

3) CCTV Camera
store /638300
Version - Chinese versions.

Recommend emailing the seller before ordering a specific model to confirm English or Chinese version since stock can change. Although Huabden Technology actually state "English version" in some of their descriptions.

I have not yet read about anyone actually going through a return process with any of the above which is the true test of any company imo.

Hope this list helps others.
I just ordered the DS-2CD2632F-I(S) from CCTV Camera China, I ordered on Monday and it shipped today according to them, I messaged them to confirm, hoping to get it in not more than a week as I have heard others got theirs in about 8 days. They said it would definitely be the Chinese version, I don't care, I'll play with logging in through chrome with translation to english and then I'll probably use the modified davinci file from networkcameracritic to make it think it's english.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My "try-it-out" camera was ordered from CCTV. Took about a week ordinary snail mail, if I recall correctly. (Mon/Tue - Tue). OEM / generic cardboard box with a little soft foam placed around it and taped up completely, wrapped in packaging paper. Box, pamphlet were Chinese. Panicked at first. Sent an email to CCTV / Julia. Got a reply back within minutes (must not have had a time zone issue at that time of day) that the camera should work in English. And it does.

I don't favor a hacking project for this, right now. Too much on my plate already kind of thing with electronics. Just want things to work.

I wouldn't hesitate to order again from CCTV. It was a smooth transaction. But will email first prior to ordering that, whatever I buy needs to operate in English. Just in case!

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
My "try-it-out" camera was ordered from CCTV. Took about a week ordinary snail mail, if I recall correctly. (Mon/Tue - Tue). OEM / generic cardboard box with a little soft foam placed around it and taped up completely, wrapped in packaging paper. Box, pamphlet were Chinese. Panicked at first. Sent an email to CCTV / Julia. Got a reply back within minutes (must not have had a time zone issue at that time of day) that the camera should work in English. And it does.

I don't favor a hacking project for this, right now. Too much on my plate already kind of thing with electronics. Just want things to work.

I wouldn't hesitate to order again from CCTV. It was a smooth transaction. But will email first prior to ordering that, whatever I buy needs to operate in English. Just in case!
So when you got it, the web interface was in English? Was this a Hikvision camera? They told me it would be Chinese, I would not hate it if it were already in English but like I said, the method of changing it to think it's English seems to have been done by plenty of people already so I feel fairly safe doing it. The firmwares are all the same, there is just something burned into the rom of the camera that tells the web interface to display English, or something like that.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hmjgriffon,

Correct. CCTV said they only sell Chinese models in a reply to my panic email, that it wasn't disclosed online this would Chinese (box, labels, manual). When I inserted the mini cd into a windows laptop (auto run.exe) the top half of the program was in Chinese, the lower half was in English. I just clicked through the pictures of cameras, changed the IP address to the one I wanted. Logged into from the network to said IP address and saw everything in English on the camera.

Note that this my first Hikvision and I get confused about this English/Chinese/European thing as well.

I typically don't mind "hacking" something, when I kind of know what I'm doing and have a way out, if I brick something. I just want the camera to work without potential issues should want/need to update the software, etc. ( just like I don't jailbreak my iPhone. It is rough enough with it not living up to its promised battery life, but that's a separate topic ) ... so in this case it worked out fine for me. Once the camera is where it needs to go, I'll probably order a second one or some other model maybe. I still need to figure out the recording situation too.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's the newer firmware starting with 5.1.2 that is all Chinese. So sellers in China have been frantically installing older firmware releases to get English. At Wrightwood, the cameras that do come in Chinese like the 2632 are converted to be English with 5.1.2 and doesn't really cost much more, I believe $259 shipped 2 day. The problem is not all cameras are available in English or USA versions.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
It's the newer firmware starting with 5.1.2 that is all Chinese. So sellers in China have been frantically installing older firmware releases to get English. At Wrightwood, the cameras that do come in Chinese like the 2632 are converted to be English with 5.1.2 and doesn't really cost much more, I believe $259 shipped 2 day. The problem is not all cameras are available in English or USA versions.
Should be interesting to see if mine comes with older english firmware or not, either way I will make it run 5.1.2 with english, buahahaha. The method seems safe, cameracritic does it and I am assuming wrightwood is following the same method without any issues.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just imagine how much easier things would be, and happier everybody would be, if hikvision released their cameras with the top languages in the world (ch, en, ru, ar, es, fr, hindi, ...) ready to go and during setup you could install an additional local language file of your choice.