Where to buy a DS-2CD2632F-I(S)?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Just imagine how much easier things would be, and happier everybody would be, if hikvision released their cameras with the top languages in the world (ch, en, ru, ar, es, fr, hindi, ...) ready to go and during setup you could install an additional local language file of your choice.

Hell just give me the old drop down box so I can open the web interface, click the box, look for ENGLISH, and hit the button.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's just Hikivion's attempt to block shipments from China that mess with their margins in the U.S. Several China based Hikvision resellers stopped selling to the U.S. because of this. I would say half on Aliexpress I tried won't ship to U.S. anymore.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
It's just Hikivion's attempt to block shipments from China that mess with their margins in the U.S. Several China based Hikvision resellers stopped selling to the U.S. because of this. I would say half on Aliexpress I tried won't ship to U.S. anymore.

That's pretty scary, I hope CCTV Camera China doesn't give in to this. I'm kind of surprised at the whole thing, I thought business in China was kind of like the wild west where there is no honor among thieves, and everything is fair game, everything is pirated, copied, stolen, etc. I guess that is why we have places like cctv camera china though.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Knock on wood. Just left them positive feedback for my transaction. I'm hoping to order more in the near future and down the road for other projects.

pcmcg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i hope this is not true, but i'm going to finish ordering my cams this weekend to be safe

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
i hope this is not true, but i'm going to finish ordering my cams this weekend to be safe

I wouldn't worry, it's all a big game and there will always be someone willing to sell you the cheaper camera to make money. :)

haemse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ordered 2 x DS-2CD2632F-I(S) on April 23 2014 at E&M Security Center for US $ 455.60 received it yesterday 05.05.2014

The menue was even set to german!

Cameras look new and they work properly.

Hikvison Browser Interface.PNG

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Starting to wonder and get a little worried, tracking info shows status of posting in Shenzen on
2014-04-30 16:34:00 and the last update I had showed status of Despatch from Sorting Center on 2014-05-01 10:40:11 and not one update since, what the heck, do they not update the tracking info again until the shipping container hits the US?

haemse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Was the same with me ... nearly one week the status did not change ... after asking DHL they said the package was not received yet ... afterwards everything went in days ...

I think the register the package electronically bevore they have the product ... afterwards they hand it in ...

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Was the same with me ... nearly one week the status did not change ... after asking DHL they said the package was not received yet ... afterwards everything went in days ...

I think the register the package electronically bevore they have the product ... afterwards they hand it in ...
I figured, well, I should be getting it any day now if it takes the 8 ish days I've heard others experience. Hope all goes well, I want to order more and save lots of cash. :D Hell I thought about looking on ebay but I dunno how much I trust used cams and ebay just feels shady to me.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cool video haemse.

That reminds me I have an outstanding request to do a ONE YEAR time-lapse documenting the 4 seasons of a garden. My thoughts were to use a Canon with custom software & remote power, shielded from the elements.

But I guess a small surveillance rig would work a lot easier. I will have to read up on how to do interval images, how many of them etc and dedicate some hardware to it.

Thud

n3wb
Reaction score
If you have the camera set to 50Hz then it will only go to 25fps, I think if you change it to 60Hz the 30fps setting will be available.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thud

n3wb
Reaction score
This guy has a Flickr account loaded with great video and captures by this camera. You can get a good idea of the capabilities of this cam by looking here;

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dalepa/with/14010890381/

Of the three Hikvisions I have I believe the DS-2CD3132 has the best image quality followed by the DS-2CD2532F and the DS-2CD2032-I which are pretty comparable but this DS-2CD2632F seems to have better image quality than any of them (they are less expensive though) and much less noise in IR mode.

He does have it set to veryhigh bitrate and FPS though. It would be hard to run many cameras at the levels he runs them at. But for your time lapse with one cam this would be a great cam, definitely the best I'v seen at the price point.

Funny, I just read the comments on the video and it seems Dan is here on this forum! Nice Camera work Dan!

Last edited by a moderator: