Where to by Hikvision? - How to tell I got a US version?

nikleb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How can I tell a Hikvision online store is an authorized dealer?
e.g. is 123Security.com an authorized dealer?

How can I tell whether I received an US version of an IP mini dome camera?

blahh

n3wb
Reaction score
bump this - i have the same ? about 123securityproducts.com

from what i've read, a chinese cam will have CH in the serial #, but then there are nonUS english language cams out there & i've not found anything describing how they are identified / different from US

ilkevinli

n3wb
Reaction score
Non US versions usually come in a brown box. The US versions come in an official Hikvision Red/White box

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IWS/2 from 123securityproducts.com came with a Red/White box, recently upgraded the firmware to V5.3.0 build 150814 straight from Hikvision USA Website

afddwfadwfadwf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Whats wrong with non US version other than language and warranty?

I noticed the latest firmware version is different for China, US and Europe. When people say unupgradeable, do they mean it is impossible even after modifying region in upgrade file?

I am tempted to get those Chinese 3.6MP dome cameras, about $70 on ebay

ilkevinli

n3wb
Reaction score
The US versions can be upgraded from the files hosted by Hikvision. The imports need a modified firmware file to be upgraded and stay in english.

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've gotten Hik cams before in the Chinese red and white box. Again these are the hacked English versions. If the price seems to good it typically is a clone/hack.

Stealth22

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I said this already in another thread, but if you want a 'real' US English version, buy from a trusted dealer like Nelly's. They fully warranty the cameras too, in case anything goes wrong.

That being said, I've read on this forum (not from my own personal experience) that if you use a PC with BlueIris for your recordings, Chinese cameras will work just fine, as long as you don't upgrade the firmware. Members that have been around longer can probably give you better info than I can.

blahh

n3wb
Reaction score
i did order a couple cams from 123security & they have the red/white box - i''ll get a pic up soon

also, i found 123security's "company" page where they say "Authorized dealers, like us, offer peace of mind" so they say they are an authorized dealer for their LINE CARD => 123securityproducts.com/manufacturer/index - including hikvision

i emailed with a sales person there for a quote on 20 cams. she said 2 or 20 it's the same price, but then emailed me the quote which was a few bucks off the website price. for the things i'm looking to buy, they have the best prices.

i'm looking for more comments about buying & dealing with returns/warranty than anything. if they are a legit dealer, they process returns to hikvision etc for people buying from them so i'd like to hear if anyone had to do this & their experience - thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i did order a couple cams from 123security & they have the red/white box - i''ll get a pic up soon

also, i found 123security's "company" page where they say "Authorized dealers, like us, offer peace of mind" so they say they are an authorized dealer for their LINE CARD => 123securityproducts.com/manufacturer/index - including hikvision

i emailed with a sales person there for a quote on 20 cams. she said 2 or 20 it's the same price, but then emailed me the quote which was a few bucks off the website price. for the things i'm looking to buy, they have the best prices.

i'm looking for more comments about buying & dealing with returns/warranty than anything. if they are a legit dealer, they process returns to hikvision etc for people buying from them so i'd like to hear if anyone had to do this & their experience - thanks.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/257-Good-source-to-buy-IP-items-at?highlight=catalog

CamFan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe true USA hiks come with a UL sticker on the camera body.