Where to find good price on Blue Iris LE / Single Camera?

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a LE / single camera Blue Iris license? I noticed it's not in the ipcamtalk store.

Have been using it to screen-cast my son's laptop, to monitor his internet/gaming while his school is online only. It works well, but the price for LE is quite steep for a screen-casting solution. Hoping find a reasonable price for the LE license so I can keep everything in the Blue Iris ecosystem.

(I do already have a paid full version of Blue Iris)

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Why not just put the cam on your BI system?

Assuming that you must have some reason but if you explain why maybe someone may have another suggestion.

Reaction score
My dedicated PC runs the full version of Blue Iris, which is already recording cameras, which we view from a tablet. I wanted to also view my son's laptop screen from the tablet. I ran a trial Blue Iris LE on my son's laptop to stream his desktop to the dedicated PC, so that his screen is also viewable on the tablet along with the cameras. It worked quite well. The trial is over so I need to buy an LE license for the laptop.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Tony, I knew you could buy it from the main website. I'm just scrimping to save a few bucks.
I understand, I don't like to spend an excess amount if I don't need to. That being said, It's practically a one man show there (Ken Pletzer) and he deserves every penny, IMO. Quite a fantastic product at a reasonable price, I'm sure you would agree. :headbang:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Fenderman had posted this a while back... Using VLC to stream to RTSP (need to translate to English):

I've not tried it. Have to think that there are some other free/cheap ways to stream a desktop out to some common format.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
A plug-in for OBS to stream to RTSP:

That and OBS Studio should do it. Though some overhead and learning curve to that.

Reaction score
Wow thanks for all the responses.

That being said, It's practically a one man show there (Ken Pletzer) and he deserves every penny, IMO.
Yes absolutely. I've bought the full version, the Android app and the iOS app. For screen-casting, there are much cheaper non-RTSP options so was just trying to shop around to see if I could stay with Blue Iris for this functionality as well.

activtrak is free
Thanks, I had a look at this and it doesn't cast the desktop, it only reports on activity, like web browsing. I had tried other things like NetNanny which do similar things, but we found it much easier to just glance at a live cast and nip it in the bud when my son loses focus and gets distracted on the net, rather than have to deal with it after-the-fact when we see the activity report.

Fenderman had posted this a while back... Using VLC to stream to RTSP (need to translate to English)
I saw that post, and others as well, and spent many hours trying to get it to work. Surprisingly this part of VLC is very unstable and I could only get it to work on the rare occasion and could never repeat it.

A plug-in for OBS to stream to RTSP
That looks great, thanks a lot, I will check it out!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ActivTrak talked screenshots and can show you a live shot