Where to get dahua a46/a26?

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's a good cam but it doesn't support ONVIF so bad for Blue Iris. The datasheet says it supports ONVIF so hopefully we just need the correct firmware.

emsufer

n3wb
Reaction score
I purchased this item as well and had the same problems as listed above. I was able to connect with the lechange app. It appears that this cam will only be good as a baby monitor while at home unless the webpage can be reached. Config tool sees the cam but that’s all. I will need to get something different for my needs.

gemgem

n3wb
Reaction score
Just to clarify, i can manage it thru the Synology as well

gemgem

n3wb
Reaction score
Just to clarify, i can manage it thru the Synology as well

Reaction score
Has anyone had success accessing via TinyCam? Being an inside camera, not being able to block it from accessing the Internet because of the app it needs, makes it kind of useless in my opinion. To me it will just be an expensive Foscam! Way more info on how this cam works is really needed.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I purchased this item as well and had the same problems as listed above. I was able to connect with the lechange app. It appears that this cam will only be good as a baby monitor while at home unless the webpage can be reached. Config tool sees the cam but that’s all. I will need to get something different for my needs.
Yes,this cam can't support webpage anymore, i tested with config tool today, so i asked dahua guys, they told me it can't be used with the webpage anymore, only with the APP.

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It can record but but no PTZ function.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Should be called Lecharge. :angry: lol

If you ever see a model similar to this one, but supports ONVIF, please let me know!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Should be called Lecharge. :angry: lol

If you ever see a model similar to this one, but supports ONVIF, please let me know!
LOL, In Chinese Le means like or Love, love to charge, aha, so wait to the SD1A203T-GN, I will get stock very soon. This A45 is easy for 0 technology users, very easy to use via phone, lol.

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In that link under "Network" it says ONVIF.

IPDaily

n3wb
Reaction score
I picked up the A26 the other day from an EU supplier - just using the firmware it came with as that suits me fine. It will work with Blue Iris using RTSP and the PT works too. You can use it with the Smart Tracking enabled (via the LeChange app), but Blue Iris just takes a dumb feed from the camera so it will just follow whatever the camera is tracking. The smart tracking is a little jerky but not too bad for this price. After about a second of no movement it will just return to the position it was in prior to the Smart Track.

Unfortunately the level of customisation is a bit limited - for example I don't think you can turn off the default text overlay (I prefer to let BI take care of timestamps on my other cameras), and at one stage I think BI must have triggered the camera's manual daytime mode so it wouldn't auto switch to Nightime IR mode (and I couldn't find anywhere in the LeChange app to switch mode either). I realised that by activating BI's "Auto IR" button it reactivated the function though so it all appears to be working again now. Presets are called "Favourites" in the LeChange app and I don't think BI can auto detect the names of the presets/favourites, but it gets the positions ok and as you can rename them locally in BI anyway it isn't too much of an issue.

I did notice that the LeChange app seemed to be a bit flakey as to when it would and wouldn't connect to the camera, but that is probably due to my phone trying to connect to my 5GHz network and the camera to the 2.4GHz (I think that is why it struggled to set up the wifi versus the app too - which it seems to do my a series of weird "whoop" sounds). It seems pretty robust though if you use the wired connection for the camera.

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got PTZ working on my A26 in Blue Iris. My ONVIF port was set wrong. @IPDaily you can turn off the default text overlay. There are many more options if you use SmartPSS to connect to the camera. The options for overlays is under Camera-Encode-Overlay.

IPDaily

n3wb
Reaction score
@Baubas Thanks a lot - still quite new to all this so didn't even know about SmartPSS. Just downloaded it and found the settings you mentioned along with a load of others - including the SmartIR mode which doesn't seem to exist in the LeChange app.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone had success accessing via TinyCam? Being an inside camera, not being able to block it from accessing the Internet because of the app it needs, makes it kind of useless in my opinion. To me it will just be an expensive Foscam! Way more info on how this cam works is really needed.
In fairness to Foscam, at least the few I have set up for folks (like the FI19831) don't require P2P or a cloud and provide RTSP and HTTP on browser, VLC or Blue Iris.

BTW, did you and @aristobrat read what @Baubas stated on another thread regarding his A26? It shines some light.