Where to get replacement PSU for HikVision NVR?

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone here has a good source to get replacement internal PSUs for HikVision NVRs, like this guy in the top left:

http://i.imgur.com/dQwHfUa.jpg

I have a DS-7716NI and the PSU fan is ridiculously loud, much louder than a coworker's who just bought the same NVR. I'd rather just replace the entire PSU if it isn't too $$.

smoothie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I can't seem to find an exact replacement power supply for that unit. Delta's website does not list any power supplies that match the physical power supply in the picture so it was probably manufactured specifically for Hikvision. The model number looks to be something like DPS-200PB 185 A. The form factor looks really similar to FlexATX but there aren't enough internal power cables present for it to be a true FlexATX PS. The Hik part number 101700342 that is visible googles to one result which is a PDF in Romanian or something that seems to be talking about the right thing but I don't understand the language so that doesn't help.

Looks like you have 4 choices;

1) Buy a used identical unit that you confirm has a working power supply

2) Depending on how and when you bought it perhaps there is the chance of a warranty replacement, or perhaps that vendor can sell you a replacement power supply ?

3) See if your coworker who just bought the same unit has the ability to make a warranty claim and get a replacement power supply

4) Post detailed pictures of the 6 pin Molex and 2 pin Molex connectors so their foot prints can be seen as well as pictures of the circuit boards with all text visible and MAYBE we can find an alternative such as a FlexATX type power supply.

Reading thru I realize that your PSU seems to actually still be working and not dead, just loud. Since finding a replacement PSU has been difficult as far as I can tell perhaps another option is to just replace the fan on your current PSU. This might be easy or it might be hard.

rickwookie

n3wb
Reaction score
I know this is a super old thread, but in case anyone else is searching for a replacement PSU for their PoE NVR, this seems to match the specs that I have in my DS-7608NI-I2/8P exactly, i.e. the same form factor and 52 V @ 2.5 A on a 2-pin connector and 12 V @ 5 A on a 6-pin connector:

Also, unlike the Delta DPS-200PB-185 A that the NVR came with, this seems to be priced a lot more sensibly. It would be cheaper for me to get a replacement NVR than buy the Delta unit!

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
It’s a real pity that low level repairs have died a death as I bet it’ll be a small start cap or even a varistor or 2 that have died.

The PSU in my PC died a while back and it needed 2 varistors and the PSU in my Dell managed switch also died after a power outage, that turned out to be the start up cap, replaced it and it been working ever since.

Without these types of repairs I’d have to dump the PC PSU and look for a new managed switch.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It’s a real pity that low level repairs have died a death as I bet it’ll be a small start cap or even a varistor or 2 that have died.

The PSU in my PC died a while back and it needed 2 varistors and the PSU in my Dell managed switch also died after a power outage, that turned out to be the start up cap, replaced it and it been working ever since.

Without these types of repairs I’d have to dump the PC PSU and look for a new managed switch.
Back in the 70's and 80's I used to trouble shoot 3 circuit traffic signal loadswitches with either two SCR's or one triac per color down to component level and replace the defective component. Same thing with the DTL, TTL, CMOS and discrete (bi-polar) analog and digital traffic signal controllers and their power supplies; replaced IC's, transistors, diodes, caps, etc.

By the mid 90's it became cheaper to throw the old repairable, discrete component loadswitches away and buy a replacement that was a module fitted with 3 encapsulated (potted) modules, making them unrepairable anyway. Using a scope/logic analyzer to find defective IC's or a Simpson 260 or Tripplet 630 to find bad diodes or caps on a two-sided PCB has been a thing of the past for well over 20 years now....the ability to troubleshoot, let alone understand how the circuit functions, has also waned. Multi-layer PCB's and large scale integrations, etc. has made it very impractical if not impossible also.

Many "techs" these days just jack up the body and drive a new car under it, so to speak...they really don't have a clue......very sad, IMO. :confused:

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I cannot see the model number clearly, but that looks to be the same rating as my two Dahua NVRs.

This photo is my NVR5216-16P-I supply.
1662040741778.png
Exact same power supply in an NVR4216-16P.

But... the 12v connector is different to your unit's one.
1662041184733.png

@EMPIRETECANDY might have one of these power supplies.

Or you could try finding a used NVR just to take the power supply out of it.
Obviously check photos of inside the unit.
Specs you are looking for is: 52V at 2.5A, and 12V at 5A
V = voltage
A = current (A is the reference to measurement unit rather than symbol).
Voltage needs to be exact. Current can be higher but cannot be lower.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
If you are sure the problem is the adapter, replace this one can be ok, before we also has some of our cams power failed and replace it and working.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I know this is a super old thread, but in case anyone else is searching for a replacement PSU for their PoE NVR, this seems to match the specs that I have in my DS-7608NI-I2/8P exactly, i.e. the same form factor and 52 V @ 2.5 A on a 2-pin connector and 12 V @ 5 A on a 6-pin connector:
I bought one of these CWT KSA-180S2 from Hunterfield a few months back to fix up a DS-7608Ni-K2/8P that I bought spares and repairs off eBay and re-sold.
As you say - good prices - cheaper than Aliexpress, and an in-country source!!

The CWT power supply seems to be a better internal design than the Delta DPS-200PB-185, which seems quite crude in comparison.
I've also fixed up several failed CWT power supplies from 'dead' NVRs by buying some of the discrete power components from Aliexpress where they are readily available, and quite cheap.