Which 1/1.2” sensor 4K camera for good low light ability?

garmcqui

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to upgrade one of my 2MP cameras (IPC-HDW2231T) to an 8MP Turret, but would like to retain the excellent low-light capability, so understand I need a 1/1.2” sensor.

Based on reading here, I’ve narrowed the search down to 2 cameras:
  1. EmpireTech IPC-Color4K-T
  2. Annke NC800 (which I believe is a rebadged Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2).
The Annke is available here in the U.K. for £179, whereas the only place I can find the EmpireTech is on Amazon UK, for an eye-watering £492.

Is there much difference between the two cameras that would warrant such a big price difference?

Are there any others I should consider?
Thanks

garmcqui

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for replying. Yes, looked on that site but shipping is only to US/Canada it seems.

Will fire Andy a message and see what he thinks.

Thanks again

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for replying. Yes, looked on that site but shipping is only to US/Canada it seems.

Will fire Andy a message and see what he thinks.

Thanks again
You can buy direct from Andy with paypal just tell him which camera you wanted to buy and provide your shipping address. He will send you the invoice.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI -

In general most of us have purchased from Andy, and I know he ships to the UK / EU / Australia / USA / Canada .. and probably many more places .. and has proven to be a reliable source for numerous models of cameras.

Regarding Annke cameras, in the USA the price Fluctuates a lot based on their sale / deals and coupon codes .. for example, currently $280 on their website ..

1693253971743.png

for example at times we have seen it for 1/2 of what they are currently listing it on their website ..

1693254135092.png

garmcqui

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Indeed, price varies a lot here too. But at $140 it’s surely tempting, no?