Which 7608 (or other)

Reaction score
I have an older Swann setup I bought before I knew any better and the NVR has died. I want to replace it with a quality piece that will last for years to come. I currently use 6 cameras so want an 8 channel system. I will be reusing the cameras I have for the time being. Where the confusion comes in is that there are a ton of variants of the 7608. I was looking to buy from BHP. The particular one I was looking at was a Q2. In a comparison chart I found on her it had E2, I2 but no Q2. I do not need 4K camera capability. My TV can upscale a 1080P output from the NVR . I may use one very high resolution camera but the rest would be 3MP when upgraded simply for the sake of HD space. What is the difference between the Q compared to the rest? Am I was overthinking this and should just get an amcrest and call it a day? It is simple a surveillance system for my home, nothing out of the ordinary. Thanks for the help.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have an older Swann setup
I will be reusing the cameras I have for the time being.
Have you confirmed if the Swann cameras can be connected to a non-Swann NVR?
Swann products are a bit of a lottery in terms of interoperability, often with proprietary aspects that even limit their ability to connect to their own products.

Reaction score
Have you confirmed if the Swann cameras can be connected to a non-Swann NVR?
Swann products are a bit of a lottery in terms of interoperability, often with proprietary aspects that even limit their ability to connect to their own products.
Good question, haven't looked it up. Cameras are SWND-820CAM if that helps any.