Which Brand For Wireless IP Cameras?

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am about to buy a wireless IP Camera for my office but I am really confused which brand should I stick with since my budget aint much. As of now since I live in India, I have Sricam SP007 inside my budget. If theres anything better please let me know. In future I am planning to add more cameras and add a NVR to my network so what do you think my options are? I can't really run cables so I have to stick with wireless cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am about to buy a wireless IP Camera for my office but I am really confused which brand should I stick with since my budget aint much. As of now since I live in India, I have Sricam SP007 inside my budget. If theres anything better please let me know. In future I am planning to add more cameras and add a NVR to my network so what do you think my options are? I can't really run cables so I have to stick with wireless cameras.
Stay away from sricam. Its complete junk. You will be wasting money.
Look at hikvision or dahua...Why cant you run cable? Any camera can be made wireless with a cheap wifi bridge or powerline...

Reaction score
Stay away from sricam. Its complete junk. You will be wasting money.
Look at hikvision or dahua...Why cant you run cable? Any camera can be made wireless with a cheap wifi bridge or powerline...

I can't run cables because my building has 3 floors and running lan cables around those floors into a NVR is pretty hectic I think. So yes instead of buying wireless cameras you suggest getting an wired ip camera and then connecting it to a wireless bridge. Will they show up on the nvr later in time when I will be upgrading them and adding more cameraS?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't run cables because my building has 3 floors and running lan cables around those floors into a NVR is pretty hectic I think. So yes instead of buying wireless cameras you suggest getting an wired ip camera and then connecting it to a wireless bridge. Will they show up on the nvr later in time when I will be upgrading them and adding more cameraS?
You will have a really hard time with a bunch of wireless camera..My advice is to pay someone to run cable. Trust me on this.
Also, what NVR do you intend to use, you can not simply connect any ip camera to any NVR and expect all the functions to work..it doesnt work that way.

Reaction score
You will have a really hard time with a bunch of wireless camera..My advice is to pay someone to run cable. Trust me on this.
Also, what NVR do you intend to use, you can not simply connect any ip camera to any NVR and expect all the functions to work..it doesnt work that way.
In that case please suggest me an NVR, one of my important requirement is remote viewing so a brand that has a very good iOS app.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In that case please suggest me an NVR, one of my important requirement is remote viewing so a brand that has a very good iOS app.
The nvr will depend on the cameras you buy. How many cameras and what is your budget?

C0m4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
INMNSHO wireless cameras are unreliable and a realible system would cost much more than a good measure of cables.

Ethernet over Power lines might be an alternative.

C0m4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Actually, I had some really good experience with cheap telephony wires, twisted pair, 4 pairs. With an amplified balun have a crystal clear picture on over 170 meters, with cable cost under $0.25 per meter.