Which camera you recommends to good low light outside ?

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Iמ "General" in spec they wrote: "IR Range - I3: 30 meters; I5: 50 meters; I8: 80 meters"

Regards.

Biggs

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't get your last question? These cameras are rubbish compared to human naked eye.
Thanks for answering my first question. What I meant was is there a perceptible difference in low light between the Hikvision 1.2MP, 2MP and 3.2MP IP cameras?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Biggs, yes the 2MP WDR is a big difference... let me dig up some links from a supplier I use that puts videos up.
@Chaoscript, yes it does... ignore that marketing rubbish though. There's no way an I5 will do 50m. I've got an I8 and I use it to do 20m, any further and I need my PTZ.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So you want to tell me that the ptz have more stronger IR?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Stronger IR, better sensor, better lens, auto-focus... combination of all 4 = better night-vision.

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Much higher price..
Or they have "economy" version?

Regards.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I paid $600 for mine (from the UK, taxes paid etc), so yes, but it's plug-and-play with my Hikvision NVR (in fact it thinks it's Hikvision!) so I can use the PTZ functions from iVMS when I'm out.

The Hikvision equivalent DS-2DF7283 is $2000+ inc tax from Aliexpress. So I think it was a bit of a bargain for me.

Economy versions... PTZs costing the same or less than normal cameras are going to be rubbish, I tried a $300 one and it was a pain to get working with the Hikvision NVR and the PTZ functions didn't work. It wasn't anywhere near the same quality as a normal Hikvision camera either. Better off with DS-2CD2T22WD-I5 in that case.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If the 3MP has poor low light quality, then what causes a lower megapixel cam to be better? In this logic, is the
1.2MP > 2.0MP > 3.2MP in low light? How much better is it in terms of human naked eye perception?
Here is a great article that explains it...http://www.cnet.com/news/htc-explains-why-4-megapixels-are-better-than-8/
Now this is just a general rule. For example, bosch has a 1500 box camera that is 5mp and amazing in low light...the new 4mp hikvisions are also better in low light than the 3mp...

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow 600$ for camera, its a lot,
I think I will stay with 2/4 mp cameras as you said.
Still check prices at aliexpress.
Can someone answer my question about the aliexpress?

Regards.

Biggs

n3wb
Reaction score
@Biggs, yes the 2MP WDR is a big difference... let me dig up some links from a supplier I use that puts videos up.
Noted on the links. Sorry, yes, the new 2MP/4MP "true WDR" Hiks should be better in low light. However, I was referring to the older Hik models like DS-2CD2412F-I (1.2 MP) and DS-2CD2432F-I (3.2MP). Like you said, in daylight, the 3.2MP would be noticeably clearer than the 1.2MP. However, in low light, would the 1.2MP be noticeably clearer than the 3.2MP?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Noted on the links. Sorry, yes, the new 2MP/4MP "true WDR" Hiks should be better in low light. However, I was referring to the older Hik models like DS-2CD2412F-I (1.2 MP) and DS-2CD2432F-I (3.2MP). Like you said, in daylight, the 3.2MP would be noticeably clearer than the 1.2MP. However, in low light, would the 1.2MP be noticeably clearer than the 3.2MP?
yes

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
Some suppliers at aliexpress tell me that the camera is original from hikvision,
but without logos, it's possible ?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi,
Some suppliers at aliexpress tell me that the camera is original from hikvision,
but without logos, it's possible ?
Probably not. Maybe. But probably OEM Hikvision which is possible (LTS for example).

They are also saying DS-2CD2332-i has been replaced by DS-2CD2335-i but that's not true. They just can't get hold of Chinese versions of DS-2CD2332-i anymore. So I wouldn't believe what they say.

Having said that... would an OEM one be too bad if the price is right? If you are US then PM @milkisbad for good prices and good service.

Last edited by a moderator: