Which Dahua 2MP Starlight dome to buy in 2022?

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As the tilt says, what is the best Dahua 2MP Starlight to buy in 2022?

It's going outdoors, there will be a little street lighting, I think 2.8mm will suit beter than 3/4/6mm - I'll be using BI and Deepstack so have no need for cam AI/IVS etc - providing the nighvision and price is roughly on par with 2MP versions, I might goto 4MP but really have no need for the extra MP - the cams will be covering an area from mount point on the house ~8' high to garden wall/fence about ~10' to 20' away so I think fix lense is also ok with 2.8mm.

I currently run two IPC-T5442T-ZE and two IPC-HDW5231R-ZE - I love both of these but IPC-T5442T-ZE is overkill for this project and I need to keep costs down, IPC-HDW5231R-ZE is now fairly old now and I guess there are better/cheeper options.

I plan to buy from Andy as I have done before, but I'm not set in stone on Dahua or Andy if there are cheaper options out there for roughly the same quality as the Dahua Starlights.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score

or for a few bucks more.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I've got a few of the 3241s and they're very good 2MP cameras, better than the respected 5231 IMHO.

Don't buy domes unless they're going to be inside. Buy turrets instead for outdoor use. The domes get water speckled and dust covered plus the dome, itself, will discolor over time. That results in reduced vision, especially at night.