Which Dahua and Where to buy

Col8

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just received my T5442T-ZE from Andy. Looking forward to setting it up.

Could some advise where I can find the rtsp address and default login credentials. Theres no real paperwork in the box to speak of.

Does the camera need initialising in anyway? I saw something in the box that said launch the config.exe tool. Where do I find that. There wasn't a disc in the box.

Many thanks

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just received my T5442T-ZE from Andy. Looking forward to setting it up.

Could some advise where I can find the rtsp address and default login credentials. Theres no real paperwork in the box to speak of.

Does the camera need initialising in anyway? I saw something in the box that said launch the config.exe tool. Where do I find that. There wasn't a disc in the box.

Many thanks
Default IP is 192.168.1.108,
Using IE, navigate to that address.
First time connecting will walk through setting up password.
The computer needs to be on the same network range.

Col8

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Will report back when it's all up and running

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
"I'd like a car to drive from A to B, it has to do 50km/u and 180° turns.". With these requirements, almost all cars (I mean camera's) do apply :cool:

Do your homework (Cliff Notes? Wiki? IPVM Camera Calculator V3), plan study plan restudy replan etc.

In any case, do ask a quotation from @EMPIRETECANDY, he can ship you 100% international, English upgradeable versions!

Good luck!
CC
Cliff notes are outdated in regards to the models suggested there

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger. Thanks to everyone for your help. Really appreciate it.
With that camera, you could put it on a stand and try it in different locations to see exactly what focal length you prefer. As close to head high is best anyway.
Thanks guys. Will report back when it's all up and running
Curious, what did you do regarding a dedicated PC for BI?

Col8

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nothing yet. Looking at various PCs at the moment. I was thinking of a NUC with an i7 processor with 16gb RAM and am SSD. Might be a nice quiet option.

To get the camera up and running in the mean time I'll use a Pi as a stop gap until I get the PC.

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nothing yet. Looking at various PCs at the moment. I was thinking of a NUC with an i7 processor with 16gb RAM and am SSD. Might be a nice quiet option.

To get the camera up and running in the mean time I'll use a Pi as a stop gap until I get the PC.
Beware users on this forum might be biased towards BI because they sell this software.
I'd start with a simple NVR like NVR4xxx-4KS2 for $100 or so.

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can't say for sure, but I see BI ads here and there on this forum. That's the fact which you can easily see.
Also, there is link "Store" above which you can click and surprise! BI is there

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
AN I used BI for years before joining here. The fact that it's the most "bang for the bucK" in VMS systems is why it's so popular.
I think you misunderstand what the word "fact" means
Actually it's a lie because where are free products which by definition will be better because nothing can beat $0 in "bang for the buck"

Reaction score
Beware users on this forum might be biased towards BI because they sell this software.
You can't say for sure, but I see BI ads here and there on this forum. That's the fact which you can easily see.
Also, there is link "Store" above which you can click and surprise! BI is there
I am a user of this forum and I do not sell BI. I doubt that any other user of this forum sells (or re-sells) BI. Well maybe some of the security professionals here do, but I have never seen a comment in a thread where someone said "Buy BI from me!!!".

Yes, it is advertised here and one can get a discount if purchased from here. I suppose it is possible that the forum owner gets a payment for the ads and/or any sales that come from the link on this site. But if that is the case, I see no issue with that as this site is free to the user but is not free to the owner.

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not saying everyone sells BI here. Don't get me wrong.
I just said some users might.
Also I'd expect the owner of the forum be a user on the forums too.

Last edited:

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, it was just "owner" before and that was the answer to your post about ad fees and sales commission the site owner receives.
So it should be clear what owner I was saying about.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you misunderstand what the word "fact" means
Actually it's a lie because where are free products which by definition will be better because nothing can beat $0 in "bang for the buck"
The "fact" is that the free crap is worth what you pay for it, nothing. If you want dependability and a product that is upgraded on a regular basis, that actually works well you can't find a free product that does.

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The "fact" is that the free crap is worth what you pay for it, nothing. If you want dependability and a product that is upgraded on a regular basis, that actually works well you can't find a free product that does.
You sound very knowledgeable about free software.
Basically you're saying Linux is crap.
Okay

I'll just leave this for everyone else Free VMS Software Directory