Which drive to put BI on?

Kentg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just got thru replacing and cloning a drive and migrating the OS to a new SSD. My OEM drive was dying and I managed to clone it with Macrium to a new WD black and while I was at it added a Samsung 250G SSD. I used Macrium to clone my drive with win 7 64 bit and it worked fine. Then I added the new SSD and used Paragon to migrate the OS to the new SSD. Everything is good to go now.

I downloaded the 15 day trial and it went to the C SSD drive. I got my new Hikvision cam online with it plugged into my router and configured to the point I can see the image.

I do NOT want to record to the SSD and I see there is an option to record to a different drive which will be either the WD black or a external Seagate USB 3.0 drive.

My question is should I stop and delete the BI off my C drive and load it to the WD Black HD to save the constant rewriting on the SSD instead? I have tried to search and seem to see mentions of not using SSD with BI any more than needed if at all or am I reading more into it than I should. Regardless I will not be recording live or motion activated to the SSD. Would the BI software run normaly on the drive without the OS?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Leave blue iris on the ssd...simply point the recordings to the large drives....
Regardless, the sdd can probably take years of writes even if your recorded directly to it...