Which IVS type should I use?

rufik

n3wb
Reaction score
When you add camera in SS, just edit it, go to Event Detection -> Advanced (IVS) and check boxes you're interested in. Then SS will be given IVS events :)
Here you are screenshot, sorry for Polish, I think you easily find these settings now.

1621626445392.png

According to IVS setup, just start simple: use IE+plugin, put SD Card, setup it as storage, enable Smart Plan then create IVS rules for that plan. Don't forget to setup scheduling (all days, 00:00 to 23:59). Install DMSS on your smartphone, add camera, go to Camera Details -> Alarms/Notifications -> enable it ad select what you need. You'll be notified every time IVS event is being triggered. You can play records as well.
Best to view & analyze events I've found usage of IE, go to Playback, choose record, play it selecting "rules info" icon at bottom - you will see your IVS rules and objects that triggered them.
Have a fun!

final

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi everybody, thanks again for your patient help.
I just did another factory reset from the gui, and reset everything. At the moment it looks like it is basically working. The intrusion box is triggered, there a recordings on the sd card, and I get an email with snapshots from the SS.
I think I will have to monitor this for a while.
Now for some fine-tuning:
  • on the sd-card, there is only one snapshot for every intrusion event (person entering the box). Is this correct? I did not change the snapshot default settings.
  • the video recording seems to stop after some time, and is not recording the whole event.
  • the SS always sends me an email with 4 snapshots, in 2s interval from the moment of entering the intrusion box.
  • IVS global setup settings: what values for anti-disturb and the advanced parameters are useful?
  • video settings: what is LDC? Do I need it enabled?
  • video settings, tab "Path": here a different storage paths all pointing to the "webdownloads" folder in the Windows user folder. What are they for?
  • storage settings, record control: what should I choose here?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
There is decent wiki that will answer most of your questions here: Dahua Wiki. Some answers I know off the top of my head are:

1. Here is the instructions for the Dahua Global Setup: DahuaWiki.
  2. LDC (distortion correction) is just "dewarping" the edges of your scene. It crops the image some to get rid of the fish eye look. Try it out and see if you like it.
  3. Record control wiki page: DahuaWiki