Which NVR for Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL

th558

n3wb
Reaction score
I've recently purchased a DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL and I'm wondering what the cheapest NVR is that supports two-way audio/strobe . I'm already nearly over budget so I'm trying to save on the NVR. I know Acusense can be setup directly from the camera but not sure about other features like strobe/two way audio. Also, if I buy a grey market product will it cause issues due to old firmware? I'm currently looking at used ones on eBay to keep the cost down. Here is what I've found so far. Let me know which ones would be suitable out of the following:

NVR-104MH-C/4P
DS-7604NI-K1/4P
DS-7608NI-K2/8P
DS-7608NI-I2 8P

n3wb
Reaction score
I am currently running 6 cams with the DS-7608NI-K2/8P. 2 of those are same as yours (2387 G2), 1, 2MP PTZ, and 3, 8MP 2386 G1s. I believe it is a grey market unbranded, and it took the newer firmware earlier in the year (with the new UI) just fine.

3 of my cams to include the 2 like yours are equipped with strobe and 2 way audio, all work without a hitch, its all controlled within the Cam itself and not the NVR so no worries there. And all cams are running 265+ smoothly without loss of functions.

I have recently upgraded to the DS-7608NXI-I2/S(C) (12MP). That was only because I needed a live display of all cams at 4k or full resolution through an HDMI which the current doesn't not provide, but that is only a personal choice (I run a live monitor 24/7 for viewing)

Not sure how many cams you need for the future except the 2 you mentioned, but I wouldn't worry about the strobe and mic function, as its in the cam ip itself. Any of those NVRs you mention should do just fine minus that first one which is a Hi-Look product and not too sure about that one.

DS-7604NI-K1/4P
DS-7608NI-K2/8P
are both good choices in my opinion (one is 4ch/other is 8ch)

Last edited: