Which NVR? with Dual Stream Recording AND Playback

Discussion in 'Dahua' started by user8963, Aug 13, 2019 at 3:01 AM.

Share This Page

1. user8963

user8963 n3wb

Hello,

after buying a "cheap" Hikvision NVR I am a bit unhappy with it, because I am missing a few features. Does anyone knows if there is a Dahua NVR from Andy around around 300$$ which is able to:

+ record mainstream AND substream
    + playback mainstream and substream via Android/iOS app
    + playback alarm recordings via via Android/iOS app

(or encoding playback via App with custom bitrate?)

I need this because of really bad internet connection. Even with 265+ the mainstream is unwatchable from remote. The Hikvision NVR is not able to playback the substream or record it or lower the bitrate of the playback. I know that this feature is available to swann/reolink nvrs.

What is also annoying that I only can use smart playback on HDMI/VGA output. All my cams are recording 24/7, but also intrusion detection. But I cannot playback it from remote site. Not with IVMS or App.

Maybe someone knows a solution.

2. user8963

user8963 n3wb

Okay, sorry for posting in the wrong forum. Maybe someone can move this to the NVR section

3. MakeItRain

MakeItRain Pulling my weight

+ record mainstream AND substream
    YES
    + playback mainstream and substream via Android/iOS app
    YES
    + playback alarm recordings via via Android/iOS app
    YES. 15 seconds leading up to and 15 seconds after the subsequent triggered event. Total of 30 seconds.

Buy the Dahua NVR 52xx or 54xx series. I have the 54xx. Don't get 4xxx series, not as powerful, especially since you're going to be doing multi-stream recording.

bigredfish likes this.