Which NVR? with Dual Stream Recording AND Playback

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello,

after buying a "cheap" Hikvision NVR I am a bit unhappy with it, because I am missing a few features. Does anyone knows if there is a Dahua NVR from Andy around around 300$$ which is able to:

+ record mainstream AND substream
+ playback mainstream and substream via Android/iOS app
+ playback alarm recordings via via Android/iOS app

(or encoding playback via App with custom bitrate?)

I need this because of really bad internet connection. Even with 265+ the mainstream is unwatchable from remote. The Hikvision NVR is not able to playback the substream or record it or lower the bitrate of the playback. I know that this feature is available to swann/reolink nvrs.

What is also annoying that I only can use smart playback on HDMI/VGA output. All my cams are recording 24/7, but also intrusion detection. But I cannot playback it from remote site. Not with IVMS or App.

Maybe someone knows a solution.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Okay, sorry for posting in the wrong forum. Maybe someone can move this to the NVR section

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
+ record mainstream AND substream
YES
+ playback mainstream and substream via Android/iOS app
YES
+ playback alarm recordings via via Android/iOS app
YES. 15 seconds leading up to and 15 seconds after the subsequent triggered event. Total of 30 seconds.

Buy the Dahua NVR 52xx or 54xx series. I have the 54xx. Don't get 4xxx series, not as powerful, especially since you're going to be doing multi-stream recording.