Which software for Dahua, VDtech, Vantech and Hikvision

damien3320

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My company has a few Vantech VP3601, Dahua HCVR4116HS-S2, and some old VDtech that i can not read the label anymore as they are faded away.
As for DVR : 1 Vantech, 1 Dahua, 1 VDtech.

It's a mess, i know.
Now my company wants to install more cameras, and Hikvision is preferably going to be a candidate because of recent ratings.
Changing DVRs is not an option because they are still functional.
My question is, is there a software for PC, Android, IOS for those 4 brands all in one as viewing on separately software is nuisance and time consuming.

Oh and guys, do you think 2mp is better than 1mp in terms of quality ? I'm considering because a full 32 cams 2mp would gobble up a 6TB hdd in 5 days, while i need them to store images in 30 days at least and my budget is not very much so you know

Your help is greatly appreciated.

P/s : About Dahua, i heard that series manufactured after 2016 have high faulty rates, can anyone confirm on this info ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My company has a few Vantech VP3601, Dahua HCVR4116HS-S2, and some old VDtech that i can not read the label anymore as they are faded away.
As for DVR : 1 Vantech, 1 Dahua, 1 VDtech.

It's a mess, i know.
Now my company wants to install more cameras, and Hikvision is preferably going to be a candidate because of recent ratings.
Changing DVRs is not an option because they are still functional.
My question is, is there a software for PC, Android, IOS for those 4 brands all in one as viewing on separately software is nuisance and time consuming.

Oh and guys, do you think 2mp is better than 1mp in terms of quality ? I'm considering because a full 32 cams 2mp would gobble up a 6TB hdd in 5 days, while i need them to store images in 30 days at least and my budget is not very much so you know

Your help is greatly appreciated.

P/s : About Dahua, i heard that series manufactured after 2016 have high faulty rates, can anyone confirm on this info ?
DVR's are cheap enough to replace...you will not find software that will be able to pull recorded video from all those units...you can choose to stream the DVRs to a single software package for live view and recording...see blue iris...
yes 2mp is better than 1...significantly better...2mp cameras do not use more storage, storage is depended on BITRATE only...
If you dont allocate enough money to do this properly, then it would be easier to flush it down the toilet now...
whoever told you that dahua has a high failure rate flat out lied to you...dont buy anything from them.