Which system

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just joined and was wondering if any of you experts could help me. I wish to purchase and install a cctv system within my home, any recommendations and where to purchase it would be appreciated. Here are my requirements

Budget- AU $ 1500

8 cameras, ptz if possible. 4mp
Nvr/dvr 4TB HD
Ups
Cat 6 Pre Made leads.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I have just joined and was wondering if any of you experts could help me. I wish to purchase and install a cctv system within my home, any recommendations and where to purchase it would be appreciated. Here are my requirements

Budget- AU $ 1500

8 cameras, ptz if possible. 4mp
Nvr/dvr 4TB HD
Ups
Cat 6 Pre Made leads.
Welcome Kevin,

This is basically what I picked up thanks to the recommendation of others here, note - it is geared for getting the best night view within a reasonable price.

Camera: Dahua OEM varifocal starlight turrets - IPC-HDW5231R-Z ( get as many as you need )
Camera: Dahua Mini-Dome Wedge for next to front door ( see the links below for the model number and examples )
NVR: Dahua OEM NVR5216-16P-4KS2

I used bulk cat5e/cat6 bulk cable and junction boxes / wall mounts. worked very nicely.

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.