White People...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I drove white city and county maintenance vehicles for over 31 years and swore I'd never own a white, silver, or gold vehicle; people look straight at you and pull right out in front of you like you didn't exist, especially at dusk and dawn...at least that's been my experience.

So guess who bought a nice but used, white 2018 F-150 FX4 year before last.....yours truly. After driving my '99 Ford Ranger for 22 years I figured I deserved a new truck but I just couldn't afford a new one....and that's OK.

They sell these on amazon...I'm just not sure how it would be received. :wtf:

whitepriv_ed.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
'After driving my '99 Ford Ranger for 22 years'

TonyR, you either had one hell of a Ford Ranger, you are one hell of a mechanic, or you are tough as nails! OR maybe all of the above! Either way, well done!
That 4.0 liter V6 was still runnin' great when I gave to this kid, just no reverse and the ball joints gone after 188K of country roads. I was the original owner and kept it well maintained, it never let me down a single time.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
'After driving my '99 Ford Ranger for 22 years'

TonyR, you either had one hell of a Ford Ranger, you are one hell of a mechanic, or you are tough as nails! OR maybe all of the above! Either way, well done!
I've got a 1996 Ranger Xlt, that still runs just fine.
Unfortunately it has spent its entire life outside.
The sun has not been kind to the paint, and the headliner in it is rotting away and needs replaced.
The buttons on the steering wheel all turned to goo several yrs ago, but they still work.
Has approximately 149000 miles on it, That's a guesstimate since the speedometer and the odometer also gave out several years ago.
It sets for weeks at a time, and always fires right up when started.

Roof_Cam 2023-06-28 02.12.36.869 PM.jpg

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That 4.0 liter V6 was still runnin' great when I gave to this kid, just no reverse and the ball joints gone after 188K of country roads. I was the original owner and kept it well maintained, it never let me down a single time.
The 4R55E/5R55E series automatic transmission in the Ranger would occasionally snap the lug off of low/reverse band, causing it to still upshift normally, but lose reverse. I had a buddy at work who had a 98 Ranger. He put it in reverse immediately after starting it while the engine was cold and on a fast idle. It snapped the lug right off that low/reverse band.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score