Who makes AvertX? Thoughts, reviews, opinions of their product?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi,
Still getting to know this stuff, but I have lately seen an AvertX line (from Costco site) that has a lot of nice looking marketing on their page...but who are they really?
(Like the Q-See I originally bought is Dahua) and such I'm finding out from this site there is a lot of re-branding that goes on however, I've searched the forum and not found any info, reviews, opinions etc. on the AvertX line.
Costco site shows a few decent reviews.
Any info or thoughts on this brand would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere a while back that AvertX = Dynacolor. Could just be speculation based on what the cameras look like though. Everything you read on the 'net is true, right?

http://www.dynacolor.com.tw/prodDetail.asp?id=295

Try checking YouTube and watch their demo videos. Just remember that YouTube can futz up sharp detail so actual first generation footage is likely to be a bit to a lot better. Gotta love that kind of sales advice though, right? Just like a car stereo salesman telling you that it'll sound a lot better in your car than in the showroom. Riiiight...

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone here own or have any experience with AvertX to be able to speak to the quality or value?
Only reviews I can find are just a few on the Costco site itself which I do not really trust for the mostpart IMO.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Search for AvertX on cctvforum.com. There is some talk about them over there.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone here own or have any experience with AvertX to be able to speak to the quality or value?
Only reviews I can find are just a few on the Costco site itself which I do not really trust for the mostpart IMO.
There is no reason not to trust costco, they are a reputable vendor, have the best return policy and stock very good midrange products like hikvision and dahua (rebranded)..i doubt that the avertx will be significantly better than your dahua/qsee cams

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry, to clarify, I did not mean to insult Costco at all
...I meant I just did not trust whoever does reviews on these sites, ( actual owners vs MFG plants) as it feels like a lot of them are bogus, (vs reviews on forums such as this which I would deem much more credible).

I agree Costco (and Sam's Club) are great busineses in my opinion, both with great return policies.
That is why I went with a set up from them first...I was very concerned of getting stuck with a setup that did not work for me...and in my case I was very easily able to return mine....I'm assuming if I'd bougth it from AE or alibaba I may be stuck or very difficult to return just because i did not like it..shipping back to China I assume is not cheap!

I believe your assumption about Avertx is probably true but was hoping for some first hand experience from someone on the forum, but I guess from the lack of response no one has used them.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Who makes this avertx system? Any follow up? Costco has a 4k system $500 off for $2500 has a lot of high reviews.

Costco Wholesale
As that's a kit of ten (10) bullet cameras with infrared LED rings around the lens, you could expect to be FREQUENTLY cleaning a LOT of spider webs off them. Turret cameras avoid this issue.